Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help Me Run a Game Show: Pointless  (Read 9699 times)

tyshaun1

Help Me Run a Game Show: Pointless
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 12:35:18 AM »

After about 8 questions, it begins to repeat the questions, usually right after I just finished answering the same question. I click \"give up\" and it will say \"You answered X of X possible correct answers\", followed by \"You answered 0 out of X correct answers\". I use Firefox. That is all.

Tyshaun

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:35:46 AM by tyshaun1 »

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 04:21:41 AM »
I think some of the judging on the questions could have been looser. So as not to spoil the questions, the prompt wanted me to say something like \"Jack Daniels Whiskey\" in one case, while just \"Jack Daniels\" was incorrect. I could see some of the results being iffy because of these issues, including topics with hard to spell answers. Hope it all goes well, though!

-Jason

I tried to include multiple spellings and alternate answers.  In some cases you have to be specific, because multiple answers exist that include the more casual form.  For example, if the category were U.S. Presidents, I couldn\'t accept just BUSH, or even GEORGE BUSH.  You\'d have to give GEORGE W BUSH or GEORGE H W BUSH.  It\'s not ideal, but the other choice would be to give you credit for all such answers at once, which just gives the opposite problem.

If you remember the specific example, please private message me so I can see if it\'s something I can fix.  Thanks!

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 04:23:17 AM »
After about 8 questions, it begins to repeat the questions, usually right after I just finished answering the same question. I click \"give up\" and it will say \"You answered X of X possible correct answers\", followed by \"You answered 0 out of X correct answers\". I use Firefox. That is all.

Tyshaun

Haven\'t seen that issue yet, I\'ll try to reproduce it.  Thanks!  I\'ll also see about adding a question count so you know how many questions you haven\'t answered yet.

Peter Sarrett

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 04:25:12 AM »
If I enter no answers or close my browsing session, is that treated as if I didn\'t know any of the answers? There were two questions that came up that I just didn\'t feel like playing, so I didn\'t.

Answers are only reported back to the server when time expires or you hit GIVE UP (which makes it possible to cheat the system, but there\'s no incentive for anyone to do that).  If you close your browser, it\'s as if you never saw the question.