Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Check Game's back 6/20  (Read 13436 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
If your holy grail eggcrate prop goes mammaries up, it severely cuts back the number of games you can play.
Travis L. Eberle

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 10:18:37 PM »

Seems like the latter would be far more economical, though possibly more trouble.

Go with the \"possibly more trouble\" thing. But augment it to WAY more trouble. Plus way more potential for mechanical problems. They were married to the prop, bank on it.

They may have been married to the prop, but there was a topic on Golden-Road that used screenshots to compare similarities of at least the Any Number, Bullseye \'72, and Double Digits* boards, which seemed to indicate that they were in fact a single prop with different \"covers\" put on depending on what needed to be played.

(*The Double Digits board was definitely a cover. The one playing that circulates has a light bouncing off the side of the board as the game is revealed, showing an angle that definitely doesn\'t match the side of the game\'s front.)
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

jmangin

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:32 PM »

Using a changeable cover is entirely different than switching out electronics.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2013, 10:47:43 PM »

Oddly enough, \"Double Digits\" is making me think of something else right now. Three guesses as to what.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
Oddly enough, \"Double Digits\" is making me think of something else right now. Three guesses as to what.

Does it involving the flipping of avian creatures?

-Joe Raygor

dale_grass

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 12:40:29 AM »

Does it involving the flipping of avian creatures?

Methinks it was reference to a number used to measure relative intelligence.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 12:51:53 AM »

Joe\'s much closer.

/and by \"closer\" I mean \"right on the money\"

« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 12:52:17 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 12:55:12 AM »
How could somebody who knows so, so much be so very very dumb?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 09:37:20 AM »
And I wasn\'t accusing anyone of anything, I\'m just getting so sick and tired of certain \"Price\" fans who see a flat screen or video display as the devil. I remember having a conversation with one who once said that seeing a video screen on Plinko \"made my childhood die just a little\"

.........yeah

I hear you loud and clear (or read you)...I stopped letting it surprise me awhile ago. I remember lamenting a bit when more shows switched to monitors in the early-2000s (Wheel and Jeopardy), but simply from a \"times they are a\'changing\" standpoint, not \"ZOMFG!!! WTF is this shite?!!1/\"

This is just me being a geek, but I\'d love to see either TPiR or a future show replicate the eggcrate or vane look more, instead of just using Impact, Helvetica, or Times New Roman. The Pyramid and Contestants Row are probably the closest......and I think Any Number. Like I said, I wouldn\'t lose sleep, would just love to see the wink and a nod to the past.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

dale_grass

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 10:05:50 AM »
Joe\'s much closer.

/and by \"closer\" I mean \"right on the money\"

Aw man.  Do I at least get Rice-a-Roni for participating?

bossjock967

• Smiling politely.
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 10:26:57 AM »
They may have been married to the prop, but there was a topic on Golden-Road that used screenshots to compare similarities of at least the Any Number, Bullseye \'72, and Double Digits* boards, which seemed to indicate that they were in fact a single prop with different \"covers\" put on depending on what needed to be played.

(*The Double Digits board was definitely a cover. The one playing that circulates has a light bouncing off the side of the board as the game is revealed, showing an angle that definitely doesn\'t match the side of the game\'s front.)

[citation needed]
Corey Dukes
The "Biggest Jerk" of the Game Show Forum

Steve Gavazzi

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 01:31:44 PM »
I won\'t pretend I have any clue what he\'s talking about with the lights, but people have noted that the bid display on Bullseye and the price display in Double Digits both seem to be in the same spot as the 3-digit prize in Any Number, and I\'m reasonably sure that if you watch Double Digits coming around on the Turntable, it\'s plain to see that the gameboard is a thin cover that\'s attached to, if its shape is any indication, the Any Number board. The same thing was done on the first three playings of Clock Game -- the main part of the prop juts out noticeably from what appears, again, to be Any Number.

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 02:35:42 PM »

I won\'t pretend I have any clue what he\'s talking about with the lights

See http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-jllgRdeUw\'>here, around 2:15-17 -- a studio light shines on the top half of the board\'s side, showing what looks like a \"corner\" that a supposedly four-sided board shouldn\'t have.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:03:35 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 03:16:26 PM »
-- a studio(?) light
What other kind of light could it be, Dan?
Travis L. Eberle

CarbonCpy

Check Game's back 6/20
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 09:19:08 PM »
Wait, how long has the range on Check Game been $7,000-$8,000?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 09:19:38 PM by CarbonCpy »