Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The British WWTBAM? website...  (Read 2866 times)

Kevin Prather

The British WWTBAM? website...
« on: December 23, 2003, 04:08:01 PM »
when ever i go to millionaireonline.tv or phone-a-friend.com, it takes me to the official Celador site, not to the Millionaire site.

Is British Millionaire still on the air?

dickoon

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 05:52:06 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 10:08 PM\'] Is British Millionaire still on the air? [/quote]
 Yes; one episode most Saturdays during the winter.

The official, data-packed and rather good web site disappeared a couple of years back, alas.

dougal18

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 07:16:41 AM »
Sometimes there is a bonus episode on Tuesday night.  That's whenever they have a special show.  

2 celebrity specials were broadcast on Christmas Day.  The 3rd is on tonight.

tvmitch

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 11:20:00 AM »
http://millionaire.itv.com/millionaire/home.php is the site for the show now. It's not as good as the one before.
You should follow me on Twitter

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 07:03:55 PM »
One disadvantage on that site: You have to register to play ANY of the online games there. BLEEECH!

uncamark

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 07:49:20 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 11:20 AM\']http://millionaire.itv.com/millionaire/home.php is the site for the show now. It's not as good as the one before.[/quote]
And an interesting note--they are planning to put out in the UK a *DVD* game of "WWTBAM"--supposedly the first game designed to be played on a DVD player.  It's one of the prizes in the online games.

I assume that if it comes off well in the UK, Disney will put out an American version with Meredith hosting.

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2003, 08:14:38 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 07:49 PM\']
And an interesting note--they are planning to put out in the UK a *DVD* game of "WWTBAM"--supposedly the first game designed to be played on a DVD player.  It's one of the prizes in the online games.

I assume that if it comes off well in the UK, Disney will put out an American version with Meredith hosting. [/quote]
 Mattel did recently introduce a combination board/DVD movie trivia game, the title of which escapes me.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 08:29:48 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 06:14 PM\'] Mattel did recently introduce a combination board/DVD movie trivia game, the title of which escapes me. [/quote]
 I think we went over this before...I also have DVD-player versions of Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp, and Space Ace.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 08:35:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:29 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 06:14 PM\'] Mattel did recently introduce a combination board/DVD movie trivia game, the title of which escapes me. [/quote]
I think we went over this before...I also have DVD-player versions of Dragon's Lair, Dragon's Lair II: Timewarp, and Space Ace. [/quote]
 I think there's also a Trivial Pursuit DVD game.

Hey, what do you know...it's my 500th post! (balloons and confetti fall from sky)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

garffreak

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2003, 11:34:07 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:14 PM\'] Mattel did recently introduce a combination board/DVD movie trivia game, the title of which escapes me. [/quote]
 I'm pretty sure that game is called "Scene It" but I'm not totally sure.

HSquares2003

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 07:54:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:14 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 07:49 PM\']
And an interesting note--they are planning to put out in the UK a *DVD* game of "WWTBAM"--supposedly the first game designed to be played on a DVD player.  It's one of the prizes in the online games.

I assume that if it comes off well in the UK, Disney will put out an American version with Meredith hosting. [/quote]
Mattel did recently introduce a combination board/DVD movie trivia game, the title of which escapes me. [/quote]
 There was a Family Feud DVD in my Kmart ad back in September, but I never could find the darn thing. Walked into the electronics and they referred me to toy dept. which had sold out of the few they did have. I bet it flopped from the getgo.

Trivial Pursuit is on DVD, I wonder if anybody here has bought it and if so, if they could give us the blurb on it.

TravisP

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 06:11:36 AM »
With the UK Millionaire DVD its actually a re-release for this year as it was originally produced around this time last year by Zoo Digital (Who also made the Game Boy Advance version) but it lacked popularity and not many was produced:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...1555580-7358268

While this year it was re-released by Universal Pictures Video under the new name of "WWTBAM Interactive" and classing it as a DVD Game and is doing very well as its at 57 in the Amazon DVD charts even though its the same game as last year.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...1555580-7358268

With the old Millionaire website closing was mainly due to that it didn't receive many vistors to the site along it had flaws in the programming, questions not in order, missing pictures etc... while another reason that the show question archive database (Series 4-11) was also being used for the Prize Game on the Online Game, but even the site has closed it still question major problems to the Online Game as the same three winners keep winning the monthly £5,000 (Now reduced to £1,000) in a rotation. (The Prize Game is old questions used in a random order and not in the original sets).

There is some good news as I am set to work on a UK Millionaire Fan Site as from 2004 containing loads of facts and old questions from Series One (1998) onwards aswell as pictures of all 800 Contestants and maybe pulling some strings to do online interviews with previous winners.