Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Conan Jeopardy bit....  (Read 2926 times)

The Ol' Guy

Conan Jeopardy bit....
« on: June 12, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »

Now I\'m even more sorry I can\'t pick up our Jeopardy affiliate off antenna. Didn\'t know what I was missing...

http://teamcoco.com/video/insane-trebek-vol-3\'>http://teamcoco.com/video/insane-trebek-vol-3

trainman

Conan Jeopardy bit....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:02 PM »
One interesting thing (to me) about this bit is that they\'re not just recording the \"Jeopardy!\" footage off-air locally -- their J! clips have a logo at lower right (blurred), something KABC doesn\'t put on their J! broadcasts.
trainman is a man of trains

J.R.

Conan Jeopardy bit....
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:49 PM »

I lol\'d very hard. Thank you for posting!

-Joe Raygor

Unrealtor

Conan Jeopardy bit....
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:50:20 PM »

That bug looks to me like it could be the translucent bug that ABC used before going to the bigger, glossier one a few months back, although I don\'t know why an affiliate would add that to syndicated programming. (Edit: It also looks like it could be the the snowflake version of the ABC logo that they\'ve used around the holidays in the past, but that seems even less likely given that the clips of the contestants are from Friday\'s episode.)

Anyone know of a local station that airs J! and uses its call letters in a circle (or possibly a hexagon) as a bug? That\'s about my only other theory, other than the seemingly-unlikely idea that Conan\'s people added and then blurred an ABC bug as a way of attempting to credit KABC.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:53:18 PM by Unrealtor »
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

mmb5

Conan Jeopardy bit....
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 07:53:15 AM »

It looks like a blurry CHCH logo, the station that airs Jeopardy for much of Ontario.

Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.