Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" cast to be on Family Feud...  (Read 7463 times)

brianhenke

"Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" cast to be on Family Feud...
« on: July 16, 2013, 10:29:57 PM »

..against the cast of \"Cake Boss.\" I kid you not, to quote Jack Paar...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbiz/family-feud-tlc/\'>http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/16/showbiz/family-feud-tlc/

Brian

The leaves start to change color in May?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 10:48:16 PM »

I kid you not

No, based on what a cesspool Family Feud has become in the Steve Harvey Era, I totally believe this.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2013, 11:13:39 PM »

On one hand, the show is getting famous television personalities* on a \"level\" of those who would never have appeared in the last 14 years. I think the biggest name was when the Dixie Chicks appeared before the whole fallout over Dubya. Even with the Fremantle connections, the best Idol names they got were mostly castaways.

On the other hand, it\'s a shame that the biggest names come from one of the most insipid TV shows on right now.

*I refuse to call the people on that show \"celebrities\"

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JMFabiano

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »

On one hand, the show is getting famous television personalities* on a \"level\" of those who would never have appeared in the last 14 years. I think the biggest name was when the Dixie Chicks appeared before the whole fallout over Dubya. Even with the Fremantle connections, the best Idol names they got were mostly castaways.

On the other hand, it\'s a shame that the biggest names come from one of the most insipid TV shows on right now.

*I refuse to call the people on that show \"celebrities\"

I am sure certain people will crow over this, while still reminding us of their \"look at the ratings!/Feud\'s future has never been brighter!\" mantra. 

So yeah, they get more eyeballs on the set, more notoriety...but artistically is it really worth it? Which pretty much describes the last 3-4 years of Feud in a nutshell. 

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:10:13 AM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

J.R.

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 12:10:01 AM »

No, based on what a cesspool Family Feud has become in the Steve Harvey Era, I totally believe this.

I wouldn\'t go that far, but I do find the constant trips into \"gutter\" humor has eroded my interest in the show. I don\'t watch very often.

I do like Harvey as host though, he does find a way to crack me up at least once on the rare times I do watch.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 12:10:32 AM by J.R. »
-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 12:12:00 AM »

I am sure a certain site will crow over this, while still reminding us of their \"look at the ratings!/Feud\'s future has never been brighter!/let\'s overrate the Harvey version some more/blah blah blah\" mantra.  (They will do this in a \"flash\")

Aaaaand...who cares what those people think?

So yeah, they get more eyeballs on the set, more notoriety...but artistically is it really worth it?

They aren\'t making art. They are a business whose goal is to operate at a profit, nothing more or less. That you suggest \"artistic\" merits enter into this one single iota is one of the more naive things I have seen you utter.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Offshored2007

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 02:01:16 PM »

Richard Dawson and Ray Combs are spinning in their graves more than they ever have with this announcement.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 03:22:03 PM »
Why would two dead guys care either way about what the new version of the show does?
Travis L. Eberle

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »

Go away, Travis.

Er, no.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 04:25:00 PM »

Why would two dead guys care either way about what the new version of the show does?

Travis, my man...the literal streak is starting to get really annoying.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2013, 04:35:44 PM »
Figuratively, so what? Who cares about what Family Feud does? Is this going to make you want to tune in to that show? If you\'re not a watcher, is this going to make you not watch even more fiercely? Yes, you can choose to take my comment at face value, but there\'s another layer to it. I look at the show and think, \"huh, there must be another layer of filth before the bottom of the barrel is scraped.\"

A month ago our local affil added another hour of Feudin\' Filth in the seven o\'clock hour, an hour where Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy have held court on another channel for about thirty years. If your choice is Family Feud (as it currently exists) -or- Wheel/Jeopardy, who here would choose The Feud? I know I wouldn\'t.

Mark can complain about the downward trend of the country all he wants, I\'m certainly not empowered to stop him. What I can do is find worthwhile things to do with my time and decent programming that is better than mediocre and makes me feel like I haven\'t wasted that half/hour of time invested. That isn\'t the case with Feud today.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2013, 05:29:01 PM »

If you\'re worried about wasting that half-hour of time invested, why do you still watch?

Redacted.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:04:17 PM by SuperMatch93 »
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 05:31:48 PM »
What from my posts would lead you to think that I watch Family Feud as it exists today?
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2013, 10:12:56 PM »

Family Feud is not built to last for decades with the same version/host like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune have. Sorry Steve.

What in the blue frigging hell does that even mean?

Wheel has had multiple hosts. So has Jeopardy. That invalidates half your argument.

If we\'re strictly counting syndication, Wheel is at 30, and Jeopardy will hit 30 next year. Feud has been on in some form in syndication for 30 of the last 37 years. So the second half of your argument is rendered bullshit too.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Waiter_On_The_Run

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 10:57:08 PM »

As a regular viewer of FF, this is one episode I definitely won\'t be watching. I\'d rather gargle glass than give the \"Honey Boo Boo\" family my attention.