Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Split Second Reruns on GameTV  (Read 5538 times)

gsfan85

Split Second Reruns on GameTV
« on: October 11, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »

Just happened to go to the Canadian GameTV website, and noticed that the station is now airing reruns of Split Second.  I don\'t have Canadian TV, but I can only assume these are the Monty Hall episodes last aired on The Family Channel.

I didn\'t see a post on here about it, so wanted to let everyone know.

-Adam

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 01:00:02 PM »
Here's the show's listing, by the way. The Hall version taped in Canada, so I think you're right...although they use the ABC logo on the site, which elicited a "Huh." from me. Unfortunately, I don't have GameTV. :(

If someone could watch and get the player info, we could probably put together a definitive (or close to it) episode guide and finally slot those 20 or so episodes that have been around the trading circuit for so long.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:12:47 PM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »

http://www.igametv.com/onair/view_show.php?showid=832\'>Here\'s the show\'s listing, by the way. The Hall version taped in Canada, so I think you\'re right...although they use the ABC logo on the site, which elicited a \"Huh.\" from me.

Do a Google image search for \"Split Second game show\". The only clean logo that shows up is the 70s one...anything from the Monty Hall era turn ups screenshots from the show. I doubt the casual viewer will catch that.

I do wish we could get this in the states. I loved watching the 80s version on the Family Channel. The bonus round was lacking, but the game was pretty damn solid, even if it was a bit a more lenient.

"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »

I do wish we could get this in the states. I loved watching the 80s version on the Family Channel. The bonus round was lacking, but the game was pretty damn solid, even if it was a bit a more lenient.

While I agree that it\'s better then not having anything to watch at all, I stand by the assertion that always completing the question pretty thoroughly broke what was one of the great front games in the history of evar.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »

I stand by the assertion that always completing the question pretty thoroughly broke what was one of the great front games in the history of evar.

See also \"2 Minute Drill\".

@lambertman

Argo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 01:19:47 PM »

As I have not looked into GameTV regularly since it started I didn\'t know until someone told me about it. And to confirm, it is in fact Monty Hall version that was taped in Canada. Also, they are currently re-running \"The New Liars Club\" and The Dating Game version they are airing is the Brad Sherwood shows. I haven\'t been watching long enough so I don\'t know if they will go into the Woolery episodes though. Also, Pyramid is indeed Donnymid.

Still surprised they don\'t air some more classics like Super Pay Cards, Headline Chasers, Definition. I guess CTV has a hold on them. Super Pay Cards used to air in repeats years ago but nothing in the last 20 years.

Mark

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 05:19:21 AM »

Still surprised they don\'t air some more classics like Super Pay Cards, Headline Chasers, Definition.

Headline Hunters you mean.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Pyramid80

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

And to confirm, it is in fact Monty Hall version that was taped in Canada. Mark

Is GameTV treating the classics with respect?  Just wondering if they are butchering the shows like GSN seems to do.

DiamondAvenger

« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »

Every game show (except for The Mad Dash) has been aired unaltered on GameTV to the best of my knowledge

nowhammies10

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 09:34:39 PM »

Can confirm, even though I don\'t get GameTV anymore (thank you Bell Fibe for that), that everything airs as-is on GameTV as of February 2013.

/Comedy Gold also airs Match Game \'73 un-edited and un-crunched

Pyramid80

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 08:52:19 AM »

Can confirm, even though I don\'t get GameTV anymore (thank you Bell Fibe for that), that everything airs as-is on GameTV as of February 2013.

/Comedy Gold also airs Match Game \'73 un-edited and un-crunched

Wow, that\'s good to know!