Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A question about Spin City...  (Read 2557 times)

Kevin Prather

A question about Spin City...
« on: December 30, 2003, 04:21:21 PM »
In November 1999, there was an episode of Spin City where Paul Lassiter (Richard Kind) went on WWTBAM? and won $1 million.

Now my question...other than that episode, I haven't really watched Spin City, so I'm kind of curious...did the $1 million win change Paul Lassiter's role in any way, or did he just piddle the money away?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 04:37:58 PM »
Two episodes after he wins the million, Paul blows it all on a bad investment in a politically-themed restaurant.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 04:43:57 PM »
I remember Jeremy Soria had pics of that episode on his website.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003, 05:49:54 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Dec 30 2003, 02:21 PM\'] ...did the $1 million win change Paul Lassiter's role in any way, or did he just piddle the money away?

[/quote]
 What Matt said, which fit Paul's character to a T...for one, nothing would ever change him from being a boorish oaf, and two, he wouldn't just spend the money, he'd find a way to lose it in spectacular fashion. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

GSWitch

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2003, 05:54:20 PM »
Weeks later after that Spin City episode, came John Carpenter, the first who really won the $1,000,000 courtesy of our 37th President saying, "Sock It To Me?"

GS Warehouse

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2003, 06:00:21 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 30 2003, 05:54 PM\'] Weeks later after that Spin City episode, came John Carpenter, the first who really won the $1,000,000 courtesy of our 37th President saying, "Sock It To Me?" [/quote]
 Try three days.  IIRC, the ep originally aired on Tuesday, November 16, 1999.  That was even the date on Paul's checks that Regis showed!  One thing's for sure, Paul showed us just what a million dollar win looked like, but little did we know what wouldn't be long before we saw it for real.