Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chris Tarrant OBE  (Read 1464 times)

TravisP

Chris Tarrant OBE
« on: December 31, 2003, 04:55:11 AM »
The original and the best host (No offence to Regis & Meredith) of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? Britain's Chris Tarrant has received an OBE (Order Of The Britsh Empire) in the Queen's New Years Honurs List. All due to his work in Television, Radio and Charity, in a early report he is "very humbled".

He continues to host the show every Saturday with a monthly special on Saturday and the following Tuesday. A 15th Series will kick off this Saturday starting with regular contestant #801, with the 350th Episode to be shown on the following Saturday.

Also honoured in the New Years Honours List is former magician and 1980's Sale Of The Century host Nicholas Parsons.

Fedya

Chris Tarrant OBE
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 10:50:48 AM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 04:55 AM\'] Also honoured in the New Years Honours List is former magician and 1980's Sale Of The Century host Nicholas Parsons. [/quote]
 Isn't Parsons one of the regulars on Just a Minute?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

uncamark

Chris Tarrant OBE
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 12:57:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 10:50 AM\'][quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 04:55 AM\'] Also honoured in the New Years Honours List is former magician and 1980's Sale Of The Century host Nicholas Parsons. [/quote]
Isn't Parsons one of the regulars on Just a Minute?[/quote]
He's not just a regular, he's the host!  (Or "chairman," as they charmingly put it.)

Did not get to hear the most recent series, but "JAM!"'s one of the funniest shows on the air.  Whenever you get the chance, whether it be as it airs on Radio 4, through the BBC's audio-on-demand or the reruns on BBC7 (the new digital station devoted to entertainment and arts talk), do listen to it and prepare to have a good time (it helps if you appreciate British humor, I do admit).

tommycharles

Chris Tarrant OBE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 01:38:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 12:57 PM\']

Did not get to hear the most recent series, but "JAM!"'s one of the funniest shows on the air.  Whenever you get the chance, whether it be as it airs on Radio 4, through the BBC's audio-on-demand or the reruns on BBC7 (the new digital station devoted to entertainment and arts talk), do listen to it and prepare to have a good time (it helps if you appreciate British humor, I do admit). [/quote]
 Just a Minute! is a great show. It really makes me wonder why/if the panel games that are radio4 station staples would work over here.

It was, IIRC, brought to the U.S. in the fifties ("One Minute, Please" or something like that), but I don't know any of the details because I wasn't around.

Funniest of those panel shows? I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue - no contest at all. Closely followed by The News Quiz (think the "headline" round from Have I Got News For You played for half an hour) . But JAM's up there.