Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boardwalk and Baseball's SBoST on ESPN Classic  (Read 2328 times)

brianhenke

Boardwalk and Baseball's SBoST on ESPN Classic
« on: December 31, 2003, 10:44:46 AM »
We finally got ESPN Classic today...and right now they are showing Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia starring Chris Berman.  It's the Penn State-Indiana match going on (both schools weren't members of the Big 10 yet!)

Boy those sound effects are really annoying today!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 10:52:31 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 09:44 AM\'] We finally got ESPN Classic today...and right now they are showing Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia starring Chris Berman.  It's the Penn State-Indiana match going on (both schools weren't members of the Big 10 yet!) [/quote]
 Excuse me.  As a proud Indiana alumnus, I can assure you that Indiana was indeed a part of the Big 10 at that point (joining in 1899, per Indiana's web site).  You are right about Penn State, though.

Doug -- Happy New Year!
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

aaron sica

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 11:57:09 AM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 10:52 AM\'] You are right about Penn State, though.

Doug -- Happy New Year! [/quote]
 As an affiliate graduate and avid PSU fan (Pennsylvania College of Technology, B.S. Data Communications and Networking, 1999)..

For trivia purposes, PSU joined the Big Ten in 1993...

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 02:46:46 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 09:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 09:44 AM\'] We finally got ESPN Classic today...and right now they are showing Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia starring Chris Berman.  It's the Penn State-Indiana match going on (both schools weren't members of the Big 10 yet!) [/quote]
Excuse me.  As a proud Indiana alumnus, I can assure you that Indiana was indeed a part of the Big 10 at that point (joining in 1899, per Indiana's web site).  You are right about Penn State, though.

I wonder if Chris Lambert knew that Indiana was part of the Big 10 at that time.

Is it still in the Big 10?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 03:27:50 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 01:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'SRIV94\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 09:52 AM\'] [quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 09:44 AM\'] We finally got ESPN Classic today...and right now they are showing Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia starring Chris Berman.  It's the Penn State-Indiana match going on (both schools weren't members of the Big 10 yet!) [/quote]

I wonder if Chris Lambert knew that Indiana was part of the Big 10 at that time.

Is it still in the Big 10? [/quote]
Maybe it's the head cold I've been carrying for last couple of days or maybe my sarcasm detector is on the blink, but Indiana will be continuing to get butt-whipped in football (and at the rate they're going, the hoops team might not be too far behind) by its fellow Big 10+1 members for many years to come.

But, hey--we got a soccer title!  (That and $2.75 might get you a cup of coffee.)

Doug -- Happy New Year
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 03:29:08 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2003, 03:32:44 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 02:46 PM\'] I wonder if Chris Lambert knew that Indiana was part of the Big 10 at that time.

Is it still in the Big 10? [/quote]
 To answer your first statement about Chris, WHO CARES?  (Invision can't create an ignore button soon enough.)

To answer your question, yes, Indiana is still in the Big Elev...er...Ten.

brianhenke

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2003, 04:48:35 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 10:44 AM\'] We finally got ESPN Classic today...and right now they are showing Boardwalk and Baseball's Super Bowl of Sports Trivia starring Chris Berman.  It's the Penn State-Indiana match going on (both schools weren't members of the Big 10 yet!)

Boy those sound effects are really annoying today!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions! [/quote]
   Oops, I should have said they weren't yet Big Ten rivals when the episode aired in 1989.

Brian

Indianapolis is the capital of Michigan?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2004, 09:14:15 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 31 2003, 02:46 PM\']
 [/quote]
 I remember reading in the paper that day that they'd joined.
@lambertman

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2004, 12:27:11 PM »
That's good.