Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teresa Ganzel sighting  (Read 4042 times)

Matt Ottinger

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« on: January 05, 2004, 10:20:33 PM »
For those of you who may not have seen it yet, one of our favorite 80s Pyramid players is featured in a new commercial.  She plays a waitress talking to -- I am not making this up -- Scooby Doo and Shaggy in a spot for a new sugar-coated breakfast cereal.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvrandywest

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2004, 10:27:38 PM »
I love this lady! Nobody sweeter, and she's damn smart. I hope to see the spot.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Skynet74

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 10:43:15 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Jan 5 2004, 10:27 PM\'] Randy
tvrandywest.com

--------------------

Caution: Photo at cbs.com may scare small children and pets. [/quote]

Don't worry Randy. The photo of Larry King is even more Scary than yours. My three Cats just bolted out of the room. :-)

John
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 10:43:32 AM by Skynet74 »

AmazingErikZ

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 03:22:15 PM »
I've seen that commercial. Took me a while to notice the first time I saw it, but it IS her! She's still fantastic!

ChuckNet

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 07:11:56 PM »
Wonder if they'd consider her for a spot on the new Pyramid...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Pyramid80

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 07:35:02 PM »
Do we know what type of cereal she is advertising?  I usually don't pay that much attention to commercials, but if I see a cereal commercial I will try and pay closer attention.  I am assuming that she has brown hair now opposed to blonde.

Jimmy Owen

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 08:43:28 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 07:11 PM\'] Wonder if they'd consider her for a spot on the new Pyramid...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 If they ever do another week of actors from commercials, sure.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 08:55:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:35 PM\'] Do we know what type of cereal she is advertising?  I usually don't pay that much attention to commercials, but if I see a cereal commercial I will try and pay closer attention.  I am assuming that she has brown hair now opposed to blonde. [/quote]
 Nope, she's totally blond.  There's no mistaking her when you see it.

The cereal is some sort of kiddie thing with Scooby Doo on the box.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TonicBH

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 10:54:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:55 PM\'] The cereal is some sort of kiddie thing with Scooby Doo on the box. [/quote]
 Cinnamon Marshmallow Scooby Doo Cereal.

and I can't think of an ObGameShow related to Scooby Doo. someone else probably can.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

zachhoran

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2004, 10:56:52 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 10:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:55 PM\'] The cereal is some sort of kiddie thing with Scooby Doo on the box. [/quote]

and I can't think of an ObGameShow related to Scooby Doo. someone else probably can. [/quote]
 Casey "Shaggy" Kasem hosted Pearson's ill-fated 100% in 1998-99.

BrandonFG

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 02:00:25 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 10:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:55 PM\'] The cereal is some sort of kiddie thing with Scooby Doo on the box. [/quote]

and I can't think of an ObGameShow related to Scooby Doo. someone else probably can. [/quote]
 I believe Velma from the "Scooby Doo" movie was a TPiR contestant.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Mike Tennant

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 02:56:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 10:54 PM\']and I can't think of an ObGameShow related to Scooby Doo. someone else probably can.[/quote]
Scooby-Doo was, in part, the brainchild of Fred Silverman, and we all know how he felt about game shows.

calliaume

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 03:26:30 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 8 2004, 02:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 10:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:55 PM\'] The cereal is some sort of kiddie thing with Scooby Doo on the box. [/quote]

I believe Velma from the "Scooby Doo" movie was a TPiR contestant. [/quote]
 Right you are!  Linda Cardellini (now a regular on ER) won a few prizes about seven or eight years ago, before she became known for Scooby Doo and Freaks & Geeks.

TimK2003

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 08:03:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:55 PM\'] [quote name=\'Pyramid80\' date=\'Jan 7 2004, 08:35 PM\'] Do we know what type of cereal she is advertising?  I usually don't pay that much attention to commercials, but if I see a cereal commercial I will try and pay closer attention.  I am assuming that she has brown hair now opposed to blonde. [/quote]
Nope, she's totally blond.  There's no mistaking her when you see it.

[/quote]
 And you were paying attention to her HAIR???  Art Fern would be beating you with that pointer stick of his!

Always nice to see former fellow Toledo-ans on the tube again!

Pyramid80

Teresa Ganzel sighting
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 08:40:32 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Jan 8 2004, 07:03 PM\'] And you were paying attention to her HAIR???  Art Fern would be beating you with that pointer stick of his!

Always nice to see former fellow Toledo-ans on the tube again! [/quote]
 I know but she was blonde on 80's Pyramid and when she was on Davidson's she had brown hair.  I didn't know if it was cut off and turning gray.