Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Alex Trebek profile on CBC  (Read 6039 times)

Ian Wallis

Alex Trebek profile on CBC
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 09:15:20 AM »
I saw the show tonight and they did have very brief clips of "Music Hop," "Reach For the Top" and "Stars on Ice." Some clips as well from "High Rollers" (in a tux, so it must have been a syndie ep) courtesy of MGM and "Battlestars." The other shows were represented with still photos or in the case of "$128,000 Question" a shot of the set (courtesy Paramount) and then stills.

Yeah, I noticed that too.  It makes me think there are still tapes out there of the original "High Rollers".  "Battlestars" we're all pretty sure still exists, but because they didn't show any footage of "Strategy", you'd have to assume that it's probably no longer around.  They also showed a breif still of "Wizard of Odds" - I know the pilot is said to have sucked, but I vaguely remember the actual show, and I thought it was kind of neat.  Too bad we didn't have one in the trade curcuit.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2004, 10:58:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:15 AM\'] It makes me think there are still tapes out there of the original "High Rollers". [/quote]
 Ever since they found all those Hollywood Squares, just about anything is on the table, but a brief clip really just tells us that a brief clip exists.  It's a huge leap of faith to think that significant numbers of episodes might still be around based on that.

And yeah, Wizard of Odds is one of the few Holy Grails of 70s game shows that haven't shown up yet.  I'd love to see one as well.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2004, 11:53:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:15 AM\'] They also showed a breif still of "Wizard of Odds" [/quote]
 Was it the same still that is in EOTVGS v2, with a LOUD suited and fro'd Alex standing in front of the Big Wheel?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2004, 12:25:47 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 11:53 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:15 AM\'] They also showed a breif still of "Wizard of Odds" [/quote]
Was it the same still that is in EOTVGS v2, with a LOUD suited and fro'd Alex standing in front of the Big Wheel? [/quote]
 Yes.  A couple of other stills as well with the same suit.  Fred Wostbrock got a credit.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2004, 03:06:09 PM »
Didn't Hatos-Hall co-produce LMAD80 though? If so, I think Hatos-Hall saw to it that prizes and money were awarded and staff were paid to the best of their ability.

It was indeed a joint venture between H-H and Catalena...and considering the latter was still in the black financially at that time, I don't think there were ever any probs w/contestants not recieving winnings.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2004, 07:57:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 11:58 AM\']
And yeah, Wizard of Odds is one of the few Holy Grails of 70s game shows that haven't shown up yet.  I'd love to see one as well. [/quote]
 Wasn't it reported that GSN does have the Wizard pilot, but never aired it? I seem to remember hearing something to that effect awhile back.

zachhoran

« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2004, 08:01:40 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:57 PM\']
Wasn't it reported that GSN does have the Wizard pilot, but never aired it? I seem to remember hearing something to that effect awhile back. [/quote]
 Yes, they have it as it was done in association with Columbia Pictures. An Alex interview on Larry King Live a few years back showed a clip from said pilot.

mbclev

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2004, 10:45:06 PM »
For those who did not see this program, it will hopefully be out on video soon, because I've just seen other "Life and Times" shows for sale on line at:

CBC Shop Online http://www.cbcshop.ca