Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Someone looking for a 1972 Concentration episode  (Read 3313 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Someone looking for a 1972 Concentration episode
« on: January 04, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
Got this message on my talk page at the Game Shows Wiki shortly after Midnight today:

Quote from: Theresa Thielen
Hi Daniel, I am searching for a particular episode of "Concentration". A friend of mine asked me to try and find the episode that she appeared on and won. I believe it was in 1972 and it was the 14th anniversary. The contestants were all 14 years old and did not have the option of returning as a champion. My friend believes it was taped in August of 1972 but isn't absolutely sure. If you could give me any information on how to get a copy of that show for her, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been searching to no avail. I do not even know who I could contact to see who would have this archived episode. Thank you for your time.
Anybody have any suggestions or leads I could give to her? I know this place helped out someone else who was looking for a 1958 episode back in 2007, hence why I'm asking here.

(From what little I know, the 14th Anniversary was a special week from August 25-29.)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 10:56:09 AM by Dan88 »
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

SuperMatch93

Re: Someone looking for a 1972 Concentration episode
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:09 PM »
Does Norm Blumenthal still comment on here? Maybe you could get in contact with him to see if he would know whether or not that episode was saved.
-William https://cookcounty.biz
https://www.donorschoose.org/classroom/cpsbermudez
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:31:19 PM »
Theoretically, a huge number of Concentration episodes were among a massive donation that NBC made to the Library of Congress decades ago.  However, I've never heard of a single episode of that stash having made its way to the public.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

carlisle96

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
Isn't that the episode where they shows the back of the board and how it worked? I can't imagine why that episode would be scrapped.