Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat, Vanna and Alex Renew for Three More Seasons  (Read 14455 times)

Thunder

Re: Pat, Vanna and Alex Renew for Three More Seasons
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 09:20:11 PM »
I'm not too surprised at Pat and Vanna- but Alex was thought to be all but done (maybe they don't want to change horses while FF is breathing down the necks of both shows)...I'm just hoping we don't end up in a Jack Barry situation where they have to make a sudden decision...

That's a pleasant thought.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 04:30:51 PM »
On the upside, the job can't go to Bill Cullen this time, so Jim Peck: it'll be yours if you want it.
Travis L. Eberle

Neumms

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2015, 10:56:01 AM »
This reminds me of the early-eighties list of potential successors for Johnny Carson that included Richard Dawson....Plus, if I was a cynical person (which of course I'm not), I'd be tempted to believe that this particular article was "suggested" by Josh Elliott's people, in much the way that Dave Price so actively pushed himself into the conversations about Barker's replacement.

Matt, wasn't that the same list with McLean Stevenson? And gosh, Josh Elliott's people must be something, parlaying his brief run as fourth or fifth banana on Good Morning America into gobs of money to hang around waiting for Matt Lauer or Bob Costas to quit (or get caught in repeated conflations).

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »
Matt, wasn't that the same list with McLean Stevenson?

Yes.  I knew there was another ridiculous choice that I couldn't remember.

And gosh, Josh Elliott's people must be something, parlaying his brief run as fourth or fifth banana on Good Morning America into gobs of money to hang around waiting for Matt Lauer or Bob Costas to quit (or get caught in repeated conflations).

Given his success at wringing $4 million out of NBC for, as you say, very little actual current work, Elliott strikes me as someone who's very, very good at playing the "career ladder" game. and part of that is making sure your name is always in the conversation for any high-profile gig.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JonSea31

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »
Regarding Family Feud:

If memory serves correctly, I learned on BuzzerBlog that Harvey's Feud will remain on the air through 2020.  Not only will this make Steve Harvey the longest serving Family Feud host in history, but the current version of Family Feud will be historical - if I remember correctly, it will run for more than double that of the second-longest run - the original ABC version with Richard Dawson (Dawson's ABC run lasted 9 years, and the current Feud will have ran for 21 years).
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

BrandonFG

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 08:00:53 PM »
Regarding Family Feud:

If memory serves correctly, I learned on BuzzerBlog that Harvey's Feud will remain on the air through 2020.
Also mentioned on the first page of this very thread.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:38 PM »
Also mentioned on the first page of this very thread.

And also at this rate, the current era of Family Feud (since 1999) will be surpassing the original What's My Line? (1950-1967; 18 years; CBS Primetime).

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »
1) As opposed to the daily version? Good to know

2) Thanks for the arithmetic lesson too.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 08:41:37 PM »
1) As opposed to the daily version? Good to know

2) Thanks for the arithmetic lesson too.

You know, when you're trying to prove to Zachan Horanian that his preconceived notions about you are bunk,  it isn't wise to give him something to support his theory.

(Yes, I'm aware I just did the same thing...)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 08:49:53 PM »
Are you volunteering to adjudicate all attempts at humor and metaphorical point-making? Because if you are that's wonderful and I'll forward my thoughts to you and wait for your seal of approval.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 08:57:01 PM »
Hey, don't blame me because your attempt fell flat.

Sometimes the effort is better saved for the inevitable time for when he will deserve such an effort. You obviously feel different about this time than I do, but it isn't the end of the world either.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 09:37:53 PM »
You know, when you're trying to prove to Zachan Horanian that his preconceived notions about you are bunk

...then you are doing it wrong, and your fallacy is in giving two tin shiats what Zachan's preconceived notions about you are.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 10:49:04 PM »
You know, when you're trying to prove to Zachan Horanian that his preconceived notions about you are bunk

...then you are doing it wrong, and your fallacy is in giving two tin shiats what Zachan's preconceived notions about you are.

Point well made (could've parsed my opening better, prove might not have been the best). I would just rather not give him any room to talk, perceived or otherwise, for when he inevitably goes on another one of his tantrums about how he can't discuss game shows because we think he's some form of evil incarnate.

Rolling back to Josh Elliott for a second...does being a former SportsCenter anchor still carry the weight it once did, considering that the product airs practically around the clock?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 11:00:36 PM »
I would just rather not give him any room to talk, perceived or otherwise, for when he inevitably goes on another one of his tantrums about how he can't discuss game shows because we think he's some form of evil incarnate.

Fine, but it still sounds to me like there is some giving of a damn as to what he thinks in there.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 11:01:33 PM »
I would just rather not give him any room to talk,
Why do I have to worry about "giving him room to talk"? Either he's going to complain or not, either about this or the next thing that catches his eye? It is not my job to keep things to myself so that he can have a better GSF experience, when he could improve his experience by doing other things.

Rolling back to Josh Elliott for a second...does being a former SportsCenter anchor still carry the weight it once did, considering that the product airs practically around the clock?
I wasn't aware it carried weight at all other than being a line on the resume.
Travis L. Eberle