Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM on the road  (Read 5346 times)

splinkynip

WWTBAM on the road
« on: January 13, 2004, 01:35:11 PM »
Hi all, just got back from a Disney vacation and got to see a taping of the syndicated Who Wants To Be a Millionaire which was taping at Disney-MGM studios for three days.  Shows are scheduled to air in late March.  Pretty fun.  Anyone who has been to a taping know why they don't have any background music in the studio during the first five questions?

Footix

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 01:48:06 PM »
[quote name=\'splinkynip\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 01:35 PM\']Anyone who has been to a taping know why they don't have any background music in the studio during the first five questions?[/quote]
I've never been to a taping, but it's done because they often edit out the "final answer" stuff for the first 5, and it's a heck of a lot easier to just add the music during post.

Thad Dixon

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 01:49:12 PM »
[quote name=\'splinkynip\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 01:35 PM\']Hi all, just got back from a Disney vacation and got to see a taping of the syndicated Who Wants To Be a Millionaire which was taping at Disney-MGM studios for three days.  Shows are scheduled to air in late March.  Pretty fun.  Anyone who has been to a taping know why they don't have any background music in the studio during the first five questions?[/quote]
This is because the music is added in post-production -- the host (in this case, Meredith) always asks "Final Answer?" when the contestant decides on their answer, but for the first five questions they (usually) edit it out, and that way when they edit it, we don't hear the music skip.

davemackey

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 03:26:08 PM »
I was just at Disney and attended the Millionare attraction which was on Stage 2. Is this where the shows are being taped, or did they build a more TV-ready set on another sound stage?

Pyramid80

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 05:03:43 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 02:26 PM\'] I was just at Disney and attended the Millionare attraction which was on Stage 2. Is this where the shows are being taped, or did they build a more TV-ready set on another sound stage? [/quote]
 I was wondering the same thing, as I was there about 4 weeks ago.

gameshowguy2000

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 05:09:54 PM »
IIRC correctly, the ABC version taped there just before the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics.

gsfan85

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 06:54:03 PM »
Quick question about the Syndicated Millionaire episodes taped in Florida.  The MGM attaction still has the Fastest Finger seats (as of when I saw it in Florida).  Did they take them out for the show in Florida?

Adam

zachhoran

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 07:38:43 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 05:09 PM\'] IIRC correctly, the ABC version taped there just before the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. [/quote]
 I don't think Millionaire actually taped episodes of the primetime show at Disney-MGM. THis past week's tapings mark the first road trip for the US version.

gameshowguy2000

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 08:23:47 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 06:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 05:09 PM\'] IIRC correctly, the ABC version taped there just before the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics. [/quote]
I don't think Millionaire actually taped episodes of the primetime show at Disney-MGM. THis past week's tapings mark the first road trip for the US version. [/quote]
 They didn't tape episodes of the Olympic version over there? I thought they did, because those episodes aired before the Salt Lake City Olympics began.

You don't remember those shows, Zach?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2004, 09:03:11 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 06:23 PM\'] You don't remember those shows, Zach? [/quote]
 If Zach doesn't remember those shows, there is a better than average chance that they don't exist.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 09:04:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 09:03 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 06:23 PM\'] You don't remember those shows, Zach? [/quote]
If Zach doesn't remember those shows, there is a better than average chance that they don't exist. [/quote]
 Even I don't remember everything

inturnaround

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 09:09:18 PM »
Well, there's a first for everything. According to a few ATGS posts contemporary to the original airing of the Olympic specials, the three shows were filmed at Disney MGM Play It! attraction in Florida.

Google: Love it. Learn it. :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 09:14:01 PM by inturnaround »
Joe Coughlin     
Human

Timsterino

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 09:12:17 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' date=\'Jan 13 2004, 04:26 PM\'] I was just at Disney and attended the Millionare attraction which was on Stage 2. Is this where the shows are being taped, or did they build a more TV-ready set on another sound stage? [/quote]
 Some aesthetic spoilers, no $$ spoilers

A
E
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

We went to two tapings of WWTBAM from Disney World on Saturday. They are taped at the "WWTBAM Play It!" attraction inside MGM Studios. It was very cool.

Some interesting things:

* Meredith talks with Nancy Christie on both shows about life after Millionaire.

* The shows will air on March 25 and 26th. From the looks of it most of the Disney shows will air in March/April.

* The Disney shows have a new opening, it is very neat.

* There is a nice mix of contestants this time. No contestants bunched up from one area.

* They ripped out the old play it monitors and replaced them with the syndicated plasma style screens. They took out the FF seats and replaced them with lighting and the crowd was loaded from behind because cameras blocked the entrances.

* There were plenty of tickets to be had once you were in the park.

Tim :-)

itiparanoid13

WWTBAM on the road
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2004, 09:15:24 PM »
i appeared on WWTBAM: Play It.  it is just amazing.  when you walk in, you say to yourself this cant be the Millionaire set, but once you see it on TV it is.  I went all the way to the million question, and decided to risk it and lost.  its very fun.  Its also fun being 16 and kicking the crap out of 500 other people.  lol.