Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Good Karna  (Read 13818 times)

tyshaun1

Good Karna
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2004, 09:12:51 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:09 PM\'] [And that's my point on adding the Stolen Answer's points to the bank.

Say Team A is dominating all the points after the 2 singles and double round, and Team B has ZILCH.

Say Team A managed to, in the Triple Round, nails 2 of the 3 answers, and using the current format. Say the #1 answer has 80 people (240), and #2 has 10 people (30), and they don't get the #3 answer before getting the 3rd strike. So, there's 270 up there, and a chance to steal the bank, PLUS the remaining 30 for the full 300 and the win.

If this happens, then Team B can finish what Team A started. If they managed to find the answer #3 up there, they can add THAT answer's value to the bank, and take the WHOLE Bank, for the win!  This means, that after conferring, if they've found the #3 answer up there, which'll have 10 people, this means that 30 is added to the 270, for the total 300 points in the bank, AND the win. [/quote]
And that's the EXACT reason why they shouldn't get credit for the stolen answer. You're basically rewarding Team B with the game for getting 1 answer for the entire show! That's why they went away from the 3x Single 1x Triple, to make the games more competitive.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 09:14:20 PM by tyshaun1 »

tyshaun1

Good Karna
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2004, 09:19:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Monarx\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:45 PM\']
BTW: Karma is misspelled.

[/quote]
Ummmmm.......Good "Karna" is a pun based from Richard Karn's (the host, in case you weren't aware) name.

* - I do not condone illegal activity.

But you're sure condoning ignorant activity..........;)

Tyshaun

gameshowguy2000

Good Karna
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2004, 09:36:48 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:09 PM\'] [And that's my point on adding the Stolen Answer's points to the bank.

Say Team A is dominating all the points after the 2 singles and double round, and Team B has ZILCH.

Say Team A managed to, in the Triple Round, nails 2 of the 3 answers, and using the current format. Say the #1 answer has 80 people (240), and #2 has 10 people (30), and they don't get the #3 answer before getting the 3rd strike. So, there's 270 up there, and a chance to steal the bank, PLUS the remaining 30 for the full 300 and the win.

If this happens, then Team B can finish what Team A started. If they managed to find the answer #3 up there, they can add THAT answer's value to the bank, and take the WHOLE Bank, for the win!  This means, that after conferring, if they've found the #3 answer up there, which'll have 10 people, this means that 30 is added to the 270, for the total 300 points in the bank, AND the win. [/quote]
And that's the EXACT reason why they shouldn't get credit for the stolen answer. You're basically rewarding Team B with the game for getting 1 answer for the entire show! That's why they went away from the 3x Single 1x Triple, to make the games more competitive. [/quote]
 I said if the CURRENT format were to apply, Not the former. That's why I specifically mentioned if Team A were to get THREE Strikes in the Triple Round, not ONE Strike.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Good Karna
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2004, 09:42:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:09 PM\'] [And that's my point on adding the Stolen Answer's points to the bank.

And that's the EXACT reason why they shouldn't get credit for the stolen answer. You're basically rewarding Team B with the game for getting 1 answer for the entire show! That's why they went away from the 3x Single 1x Triple, to make the games more competitive. [/quote]
 Also it should be pointed out that RARELY are the entire 100 people reflected in the answers on the board, since an answer is not reprsented unless at least 2 people give that answer. So 300 points in a single question would be a longshot, indeed.

At any rate, it appears that GSG2K has one opinion, and one supporter, and the rest of the world pretty much disagrees, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to be swayed.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Monarx

Good Karna
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2004, 10:08:51 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 09:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Monarx\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:45 PM\']

[/quote]
Ummmmm.......Good "Karna" is a pun based from Richard Karn's (the host, in case you weren't aware) name.

Tyshaun [/quote]
 Sorry 'bout that, temporary mind lapse.

Anyway, we can't just have vehicles given away, then the families would get in their Karn leave!  Commence groans now.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?

Jay Temple

Good Karna
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2004, 09:53:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 08:42 PM\'] Also it should be pointed out that RARELY are the entire 100 people reflected in the answers on the board, since an answer is not reprsented unless at least 2 people give that answer. So 300 points in a single question would be a longshot, indeed. [/quote]
 And probably one that they'd avoid for precisely the reason given.  (If they choose all their questions in advance, they'd probably make sure it's not a 3x question.  If not, they'd just make sure it didn't get used until they had a game where the first two questions are split.)

Were I the producer, I'd do exactly what I've just guessed that they do.  I'd also add the points for a bank-stealing answer not because it's fair but because it potentially saves me a question and creates more ad time.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

tyshaun1

Good Karna
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2004, 10:12:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Monarx\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 10:08 PM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 09:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'Monarx\' date=\'Jan 14 2004, 07:45 PM\']

[/quote]

Tyshaun [/quote]
Sorry 'bout that, temporary mind lapse.

Anyway, we can't just have vehicles given away, then the families would get in their Karn leave!  Commence groans now. [/quote]
 That was so bad, it's not worth even posting a response to.  Wait-

Tyshaun