Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Fabulous, 60-Minute Three on a Match Game '04  (Read 8184 times)

rugrats1

The Fabulous, 60-Minute Three on a Match Game '04
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2004, 12:18:23 AM »
Wheel first with 3 new contestants, then Jeopardy! with the champion of the previous day vs. the top two winners of Wheel.

Better yet -- have the same board layout as Jeopardy, but without dollar values -- just numbers 1 to 5 in each category. The value of a question would be determined by spinning the wheel. "Double Jeopardy" would be the same way, but with double the money values on the wheel. Instead of buying vowels, contestants can buy hints, but only if the wheel lands on a "buy a hint" space" (a throwback to the very early days of Wheel) -- this way, contestants wouldn't abuse the feature. The hint price would be $100 times the question number in the first round, $200 times the question number in "Double Jeopardy". "Final Jeopardy" would be played the same way as usual.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 12:21:37 AM by rugrats1 »

Jay Temple

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2004, 05:11:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 09:10 PM\'] How 'bout Password+Pyramid?  

Alternately, have 4 civilians play Password; winning team is then split apart.  Each player becomes the partner of a celeb for the Pyramid half.  Pro: no returning champs; con: no celeb interest in the first half. [/quote]
 I'd call your pro a con and your con a pro.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Don Howard

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2004, 05:27:37 PM »
Combine Card Sharks with Family Feud. Give a survey answer which appears on the board--you get to start calling cards.

Clay Zambo

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2004, 11:42:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Jan 17 2004, 05:11 PM\'] I'd call your pro a con and your con a pro. [/quote]
 Well, I was thinking of aspects that would get the thing on the air these days--straddling and returning champs being somewhat unpopular among packagers.  Celebs, well, they're a pro if (a) they draw viewers and (2) they can play the game, but I realize neither of those is a given.
czambo@mac.com

Jay Temple

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2004, 08:46:33 PM »
Point taken.  I was thinking more of whether I would like it.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.