Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pontoon Payday  (Read 3052 times)

Matt Ottinger

Pontoon Payday
« on: June 03, 2015, 12:42:45 PM »
Apparently we missed this one.

First we had Cash Cab, then we had The Game Plane.  Now "the first-ever game show on a boat".

Frank Nicotero is your host.  He was on radio's Bob & Tom Show today talking about it.  They even drifted into a general discussion about game shows, which is always nice.  Frank said he essentially backed into his job on Street Smarts.  He was a staffer who wrote the script for the potential hosts, and one day an applicant didn't show up, but executives were there and wanted to see how the show worked.  So Frank filled in, they liked him, and he got the gig.

Anyway, I haven't seen this CMT offering yet, but apparently you get cash or prizes for right answers, and you get thrown overboard for wrong ones.  Why not?

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/CMT-to-Air-New-Episodes-of-Floating-Game-Show-PONTOON-PAYDAY-64-20150601
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: Pontoon Payday
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:11:56 PM »
Frank Nicotero is your host.

First mistake. The obvious choice:

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:05:07 PM »
Anyway, I haven't seen this CMT offering yet, but apparently you get cash or prizes for right answers, and you get thrown overboard for wrong ones.  Why not?
They should appropriate Richard Quest's noxious catch phrase and replace the last word with "eaten by crocodiles."

This reminds me of the evergreen threads that would bemoan whatever reality show GSN would put on the schedule and then remove like a stupidly thought-out message board post. I think it was Matt who pointed out that the copycat shows (or possibly just the dumb ones) were ones that had been passed over by the networks where it would make more sense to air them (cf. Beat the Chefs), or that they made it to GSN because indeed nobody wanted them (Family Trade.)

There's no need to rehash what made Cash Cab a long-running and fun show, so I will leave you with this parting shot: Pontoon Payday...

(sunglasses adjustment)

missed the boat.

Yeah.
Travis L. Eberle

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 04:56:42 AM »
Yeah.
Won't get fooled again.

/works on more levels than one IMO
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

Neumms

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 12:17:24 PM »
They should appropriate Richard Quest's noxious catch phrase and replace the last word with "eaten by crocodiles."

It being a pontoon, it would more like "eaten by carp." But it's nice to see a public access channel in Wisconsin get into the game show business. I mean, geez, at least make it a pirate ship.

Sodboy13

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2015, 01:41:38 AM »
Frank Nicotero is your host.

First mistake. The obvious choice:

I could also name several former Minnesota Vikings well-suited for the role.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation