Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ABC makes a "Deal  (Read 19292 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 01:09:26 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 15 2004, 10:49 PM\'] If you guys are suggesting a woman to host, here's my pick: BARBARA WALTERS! [/quote]
 good lord.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tommycharles

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 02:28:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:42 AM\'] they should get Stephanie Miller to do it!

[/quote]
 How about Stephanie Birkett?

Brig Bother

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 08:26:35 AM »
I've seen an episode and I agree - the hour show is mildly diverting but can see it wearing quite thin quite quickly.

The top prize in the original Dutch show is Five Million Euros, incidentally. That's about three-and-a-half-million quid.

DrBear

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 08:39:31 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:28 AM\'] How about Stephanie Birkett? [/quote]
 Should I know who that is?
I'd prefer Stephanie Miller.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

TravisP

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 09:47:49 AM »
[quote name=\'dscungio\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:53 AM\'] If anyone from Australia has any ideas about how that value is calculated, I'd appreciate it.  I know it has something to do with conditional probabilities and expected values. [/quote]
 I've also seen an episode the bribes are usually got awkward totals. The totals rely on what amounts are left in the cases so for example if you open 20 out of 26 Cases and the $1 Million plus the $2 Million cases are yet to revealed then the bribe could be huge of say $510,000. However if the bigger prizes have been revealed but the lower amounts are yet to be opened then the bribe will say $2,200 if say the $8,000 is still left. From my knowledge the lowest win on the Aussie show has been $25. The painful bit for the contestant is that they let you see what would happen if you went further into the game if you made a deal early this due to that the other persons holding the cases could win an amount depening on the odds of correctly answering the amount in that case.

What I will do is email you the game results of the episode I got over the weekend to give you some idea.

With the upcoming Aussie Daytime version it will cause some questions of the 30 Min format as a regular game takes 50-60 Mins from start to finish. My best guest is that the elimination process could be reduced as originally 200 people started, reduced to 100, reduced again to 25, reduced again to 2 then 1. If that is the case the game will probably start from the 25 People round. However since the move to Daytime the top prize could reduce as now the contestant call is saying "Win $100,000s" and no word about Millions in Dollars so the prize could be $500,000 as the French version is also offering the same top prize on their weekdaily version.

TravisP

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 10:00:05 AM »
Anyway it seems strange that ABC would buy this format if they wanted to go back to Quiz Shows. They would be better buying that superior format "The Vault" instead since King World is acting a sales rep and selling the format to other countries, including the UK.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 10:04:54 AM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 07:39 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:28 AM\'] How about Stephanie Birkett? [/quote]
Should I know who that is?
I'd prefer Stephanie Miller. [/quote]
If I'm not mistaken (and I didn't know her name was spelled like that), she plays the ever popular Monty on David Letterman's gabfest.

As far as Stephanie Miller, I seem to have this vague recollection of her working in radio in my hometown of Chicago, where she also crafted a stand-up act and opened for Dennis Miller in a 1988 club appearance.  Little did I know. . .

Doug -- soon to celebrate 300 posts
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 10:07:00 AM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 10:12:25 AM »
If they want a woman to host this new "Deal," I'd suggest Joanna Gleason.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2004, 11:55:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:12 AM\'] If they want a woman to host this new "Deal," I'd suggest Joanna Gleason. [/quote]
At the very least, it's an infinitely more sensible pick than Barbara-freakin'-Walters.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 11:55:39 AM by clemon79 »

uncamark

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2004, 12:00:22 PM »
If they were going to go with a female host, I wouldn't be surprised if they went where Disney got Meredith Viera and pick up Elisabeth Hasselbeck (?) from "The View."  As far as I know, she doesn't polarize people like Star Jones or Joy Behar might and has some experience beyond "The View" in hosting, although she hasn't done this kind of audience participation format before.

And she was on "Survivor," if that means anything.

Jimmy Owen

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2004, 12:05:06 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:00 PM\'] If they were going to go with a female host, I wouldn't be surprised if they went where Disney got Meredith Viera and pick up Elisabeth Hasselbeck (?) from "The View."  As far as I know, she doesn't polarize people like Star Jones or Joy Behar might and has some experience beyond "The View" in hosting, although she hasn't done this kind of audience participation format before.

And she was on "Survivor," if that means anything. [/quote]
 Nowadays, being on "Survivor" can place you in contention for TV jobs for which you may not have been considered otherwise.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2004, 12:06:04 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 10:00 AM\'] If they were going to go with a female host, I wouldn't be surprised if they went where Disney got Meredith Viera and pick up Elisabeth Hasselbeck (?) from "The View."  As far as I know, she doesn't polarize people like Star Jones or Joy Behar might and has some experience beyond "The View" in hosting, although she hasn't done this kind of audience participation format before.

And she was on "Survivor," if that means anything. [/quote]
I haven't seen Elizabeth's work yet, but I just get the feeling she'd be way too bubbly for a show like this.

(And yes, it's Hasselbeck, she's Matt's brother-in-law. ;))

Frankly, the network already has Bergeron working for them, but I dun wanna have to flog myself with my own paddle. :)

What's McEnroe doing these days? :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 12:06:21 PM by clemon79 »

Matt Ottinger

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2004, 12:24:02 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:06 PM\'] What's McEnroe doing these days? :) [/quote]
 Hey, the second rhetorical question I've answered this week!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...%7C1%7C,00.html
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

goongas

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2004, 12:27:09 PM »
What's McEnroe doing these days? :)

He will have a new talk show on CNBC later this month.

uncamark

ABC makes a "Deal
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2004, 12:34:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 12:24 PM\'][quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 01:06 PM\'] What's McEnroe doing these days? :) [/quote]
Hey, the second rhetorical question I've answered this week!

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/...%7C1%7C,00.html[/quote]
Is he going to ask his guests to sit in--The Chair?  :)

(Not that there aren't some cable news pundits I'd love to see get Heartstoppers.)