Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid Cancellation Premature?  (Read 3338 times)

Timsterino

Pyramid Cancellation Premature?
« on: January 16, 2004, 08:05:05 PM »
According to Steve Beverly, it may not be cancelled.

http://www.tvgameshows.net

An unnamed source says the show is not officially cancelled yet.

Tim :-)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 08:05:22 PM by Timsterino »

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 08:16:22 PM »
According to Steve Beverly, Dick Clark was signed, sealed and delivered as the host of the syndicated version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 08:19:45 PM »
Right now, I'm more amused at the picture of Japanese schoolgirls he Googled to illustrate his Extreme Dodgeball story.
http://www.tym.schoolnet.gr.jp/~fukuno-e/0...eballtaikai.htm

Still, he wouldn't simply make up a source.  Somebody gave him that story, whatever that somebody's motives might be.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 08:28:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:16 PM\'] According to Steve Beverly, Dick Clark was signed, sealed and delivered as the host of the syndicated version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. [/quote]
 IIRC that was an APril Fool's Joke of his one year.

goongas

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 08:31:15 PM »
IIRC that was an APril Fool's Joke of his one year.

It was someone else's April Fool's joke, not his.

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2004, 08:31:29 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:28 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 08:16 PM\'] According to Steve Beverly, Dick Clark was signed, sealed and delivered as the host of the syndicated version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. [/quote]
IIRC that was an APril Fool's Joke of his one year. [/quote]
Nope. That was a prank pulled on Steve. He thought it was legit and reported it as such. It was in 2000 when Stosh went April Fool's Day crazy.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2004, 08:33:14 PM by Don Howard »

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2004, 08:43:17 PM »
I don't remember when this happened, but it was around the week of April Fools in 2002 or somewhere.  Steve posted a story about "The Price is Right" going across America for a contestant search considering the success of its 30th Anniversary Special.  Apparently, a poster from the old alt.tv.game-shows, who's not one of those "hut potato is nu nu nu" guys, written a "press release"-esque post and Steve picked it up.

Among the references in that BS post included Viacom's radio division, Infinity Broadcasting, that would help host the "Price" search in each market.
-Sanford

Winkfan

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 01:01:43 AM »
I guess rumors of this Pyramid's death have been greatly exaggerrated.....for now.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Anita Gillette of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 02:32:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Jan 16 2004, 06:05 PM\'] An unnamed source says the show is not officially cancelled yet.
 [/quote]
 Thad Dixon. Bank on it. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

scully24

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2004, 02:39:33 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread, I was at the taping today.  The word among the staff was that there would still be some battles to be fought at Sony to keep the show on the air, so everyone was just staying hopeful.

jdhernandez

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2004, 06:46:00 AM »
As mentioned in the other thread, I was at the taping today. The word among the staff was that there would still be some battles to be fought at Sony to keep the show on the air, so everyone was just staying hopeful.

Heh, I was at the taping, as well. Yeah, we're all still hoping among hope for a third season. That would be music to my ears, and it would give me at least 5-7 more reasons to not attend a day of classes....er....I mean take a short one-day vacation to Sony Pictures Studios....yeah, that's the ticket. ;-)

Seriously, I know someone mentioned that there was still a chance it could be picked up again, but we'll have to wait and see how February Sweeps pans out. I know I speak for a few of you when I say I would love to see Pyramid come back for a third season, so let's just keep watching and hoping!
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »
Hoping and contacting SONY:

Here are some e mails:

Sony President Steve Mosko:   steve_mosko@spe.sony.com

President Of Programming, Russ Krasnoff:  russ_krasnoff@spe.sony.com

VP Of Sony TV  : John Weiser:  john_weiser@spe.sony.com

You can write to them at
Sony Pictures Television
3960 Ince Boulevard
Culver City , California  90232

I hope everyone reading this will take the time to write an e mail.  I know some of you felt there were kinks in this game and that is something that should be addressed with Debbie Clarke: debbie_clarke@pyramid-tv.com   ... She is the viewer relations person. (If you wish you can contact her too and give support).
I think we all stand on the same grounds here as game show fans... with GSN even abandoning them there will be none left. Look, It took several years for Feud to correct some severe mistakes to become a solid show this season.

A phone number is also available: (310) 244-4000

Thanks

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2004, 12:53:03 PM »
Be careful what you ask for. If we ask for an extension of the current style- over-substance version that neither gets a big ratings increase or could reinforce the alleged current perception that this kind of programming doesn't work, would we be shooting ourselves in the foot? If they reached out to Pyramid fans (and since some of their staffers read these posts, they must know how many of us feel) and asked what we liked best about the format and are open to adjustments, I'd reply. Sending Ms. Clarke multi-size type e-mails with demands we keep Pyramid no matter what might not help game shows in general in the long run.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 12:55:24 PM by The Ol' Guy »