Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about TPIR on GameTV  (Read 3253 times)

JonSea31

Question about TPIR on GameTV
« on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:57 PM »
For those who have GameTV in Canada, I'd like to ask, since GameTV airs reruns of Season 42 of TPIR, has the Thursday episode of Big Money Week - the one with Golden Road played for a $189,000+ Bentley having been unaired on the East Coast due to a Presidential News Conference - been aired on GameTV?
I am developing classic game show PC games.
If you'd like to find out information about them, PM me anytime.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Question about TPIR on GameTV
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
Well, since GameTV is in Canada, I would think an American presidential press conference has no bearing on their air schedule, no?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

That Don Guy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 09:35:49 PM »
Well, since GameTV is in Canada, I would think an American presidential press conference has no bearing on their air schedule, no?
What he meant was, when it originally aired in the USA (10/17/2013), the first half of the show, that included Golden Road being played for a Bentley, was pre-empted in the eastern half of the country because of a press conference by President Obama about the deal to end the government shutdown that had started 16 days earlier.

PYLdude

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »
What he meant was, when it originally aired in the USA (10/17/2013), the first half of the show, that included Golden Road being played for a Bentley, was pre-empted in the eastern half of the country because of a press conference by President Obama about the deal to end the government shutdown that had started 16 days earlier.

And again, it should have no bearing on Canadian television, right?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 11:28:24 PM »
He's asking (well, specifically, he says he wants to ask, then jumps right into asking) if that particular episode has been rerun on GameTV, so it does have a bearing on Canadian television.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
He's asking (well, specifically, he says he wants to ask, then jumps right into asking) if that particular episode has been rerun on GameTV, so it does have a bearing on Canadian television.

Then why even bring up the American presidential press conference, especially when it was just over two years ago?

If an episode gets preempted under those circumstances it does air again at some point in America and I would doubt a rerun package in Canada would chop an episode out of a complete week, wouldn't you?

If it hasn't aired then they probably haven't gotten to it yet.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 12:20:46 AM by PYLdude »

PYLdude

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 01:23:09 AM »
I mean, if there is a definitive answer here and I'm being overly sensitive I'll withdraw the statements, but like so many of Jonsy's queries this strikes me as something he could easily find out by himself if he could be arsed to make the effort.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 01:37:54 AM »
I don't think you're being sensitive. Like some of Jon's other questions (the one about most frequently buzzed Super Password letters comes to mind), I just don't know whether the answer is as easily accessible or cut and dry as he thinks it is. I mean, in the States, TPiR has been interrupted several times for a presidential speech, not just Obama.

Yeah, we pull some obscure trivia out of whatever orifice, but sometimes there's just some stuff nobody is going to know.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!