Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Julien Lepers Axed From Questions Pour Un Champion  (Read 3300 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Julien Lepers Axed From Questions Pour Un Champion
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:26:15 PM »
In international game show news...

France 3 has confirmed that Julien Lepers will not be returning to Questions Pour Un Champion after 28 years with the show. His last show airs Friday; news anchor Samuel Etienne will be taking over starting with next Monday's episodes. Lepers has stated that the sacking was unexpected.

QPUC was the French version of Run For The Money/Going For Gold- it's a nice quick quiz show for those of you who've never seen it.

I've been racking my brain this morning, and outside of Barker, Sajak and Trebek, I cant think of another game show in the world that has had the same host for a 25+ year period.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Re: Julien Lepers Axed From Questions Pour Un Champion
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:48:56 PM »
I've been racking my brain this morning, and outside of Barker, Sajak and Trebek, I cant think of another game show in the world that has had the same host for a 25+ year period.

I don't blame you for not knowing, but in Japan, Panel Quiz Attack 25 was hosted by Kiyoshi Kodama for just over 36 uninterrupted years (April 6, 1975 - April 10, 2011).
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

tpirfan28

Re: Julien Lepers Axed From Questions Pour Un Champion
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 05:46:33 PM »
Does Don Francisco count?

Laurent Romejko (Des Chiffres et Des Lettres) and Richard Whiteley both come close at 23.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"