Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR: April Fools Day 2016 ep. -- Semi-Spoiler  (Read 10163 times)

TimK2003

TPIR: April Fools Day 2016 ep. -- Semi-Spoiler
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:22:13 PM »
Caught the first segment of The Price is Right this morning, and the theme this year takes a page from The Drew Carey Show, and has an error scavenger hunt, so to speak, where if you note all the things wrong on the show you have a chance to enter a contest for a trip to Costa Rica (to some, Drew still being the host was not considered one of them!!!).  Drew did this AFD stunt at least once (possibly twice??) on his old ABC show.

There were quite a few audio & visual "errors" -- some obvious, some harder to catch -- in the first segment alone.  For example, Drew entered from a different door than usual at the start of the show, which to a casual viewer like me didn't even notice until he mentioned it as the first "error". And some of the actual pricing games had subtle changes to them, including 2 on the Money Game board alone.

This was a nice change of pace compared to some of the other April Fools Day episode themes they did in the past.

BrandonFG

Re: TPIR: April Fools Day 2016 ep. -- Semi-Spoiler
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 04:50:07 PM »
Drew did this AFD stunt at least once (possibly twice??) on his old ABC show.
At least twice in the late-90s.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 05:12:36 PM »
Drew did this AFD stunt at least once (possibly twice??) on his old ABC show.
At least twice in the late-90s.

Episode list says three.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

SuperSweeper

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 09:38:46 PM »
The "solution video" has been posted. 

/42 right here
//Did anyone really get all of them?  Some of the answers were incredibly obscure.

chad1m

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 10:35:08 PM »
Did anyone really get all of them?  Some of the answers were incredibly obscure.
Working with a friend, we got them all except for #6, the price tag thing. A couple of people have said they got them all but #12, the back monitor direction. I haven't seen anyone reporting that they got them all.

Allstar87

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 01:55:26 AM »
I missed 6, 12, and 20. Ah well, I still had fun.

Denials

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:02:46 PM »
I'm bummed because I got what appear to be the two hardest ones (#6 and #12) but missed two easier ones.  Oh well.

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 02:08:01 PM »
I can't imagine even the most observant viewer (whether it be from here, Golden Road or offline) getting all of those. That's some pretty obscure stuff to catch, even for an April Fool's gag.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 02:39:50 PM »
I missed several, and listed one that wound up not being a mistake at all. I guess it's normal for the announcer shot to go to the bottom right corner now instead of bottom left?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 02:47:48 PM »
To throw my opinion in the ring because it's the internet and all, I'm disappointed that so many of the errors are obvious (like the outro graphic or Drew giving Amber a bunch of different last names). I liked the ones where you could tell that something wasn't right if you had seen the show before--for me AFD is better when it is done subtly rather than beating you over the head about it.

/I was also hoping that one of the Shocases featured a restored Ford Taurus, but you can't have everything.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 04:38:09 PM »
I liked the ones where you could tell that something wasn't right if you had seen the show before--for me AFD is better when it is done subtly rather than beating you over the head about it.

Thing is, subtle to a Price fan and subtle to an average viewer are two VERY different things. The latter is a much more attractive audience to CBS.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 12:36:43 AM »
I missed several, and listed one that wound up not being a mistake at all. I guess it's normal for the announcer shot to go to the bottom right corner now instead of bottom left?
I thought it wasn't normal actually for that to happen and marked it down myself as well. I know a few people who did as well. It's almost exclusively in the bottom left, but I can't say for sure if it is "always" there.

I'm pretty sure I got all of them except one. The same back monitor one I've seen a lot of people report missing.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2016, 12:40:21 AM »

It's shuffled between the two for several years now with no discernible pattern.

It's almost exclusively in the bottom left

Not really.

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
Last week, I was notified by the show by e-mail that I won the contest. Consider me shocked. I definitely had to reread it more than once to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

I was just most recently e-mailed a form that needed a bit of tax information as I continue the process.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2016, 03:01:15 PM »
Last week, I was notified by the show by e-mail that I won the contest. Consider me shocked. I definitely had to reread it more than once to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

I was just most recently e-mailed a form that needed a bit of tax information as I continue the process.

Congratulations!