Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Steve Harvey has another game show project  (Read 3471 times)

brianhenke

Steve Harvey has another game show project
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:34:58 PM »
   He's on the verge of being overexposed, with Family Feud, Celebrity Family Feud, Little Big Shots, etc.

Steve Harvey will be on another ABC series where he is the "funder of dreams" for entrepreneurs.

Harvey and Mark Burnett will serve as executive producers for the yet-untitled show, that will debut later this year.

Brian
The leaves start to change color in May?

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Steve Harvey has another game show project
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 10:49:43 PM »
On the verge indeed.

Why on earth is ABC trying to eat its own lunch?
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 12:47:37 PM »
Just from the blurb Brian provided, it sounds like Shark Tank, minus the teeth. I could see it being a companion series since Burnett produces both, as long as it doesn't try too hard to be Shark Tank Lite.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:18:42 PM »
I hope they leave in the moment where the owner of Grandmother's Recipe Oatmeal Cookies thinks that she'll be receiving the $250,000, only to have Steve come back onstage and announce that the real winner is Galoshes for Dogs.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 01:48:13 PM »
I hope they leave in the moment where the owner of Grandmother's Recipe Oatmeal Cookies thinks that she'll be receiving the $250,000, only to have Steve come back onstage and announce that the real winner is Galoshes for Dogs.
STEVE: And what is the "Junk Bunk"?
CONTESTANT: It's a penis pump.
STEVE:
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2016, 08:02:01 PM »
Just from the blurb Brian provided, it sounds like Shark Tank, minus the teeth.
But the teeth are the point. There's a reason that I have adopted "And for that reason, I'm out" from Kevin and Robert.

Pondering the conclusion of American Idol I think that Simon Cowell deserves credit for standing athwart the participation trophy culture and saying "Not in my house."
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 02:25:03 AM »
But the teeth are the point. There's a reason that I have adopted "And for that reason, I'm out" from Kevin and Robert.
I think we're in agreement here. I watch Shark Tank for precisely that: the teeth, and to pick up a few entrepreneurial tactics. It seems to be the one reality show that seems authentic, even if the banter may be played up a bit.

I can't see Steve carrying the kind of ruthlessness I've come to expect and love (?) from Daymond, Marc, Mr. Wonderful, etc., but maybe that's what they're going for.