Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NBC Daytime television game shows, 1976-1991  (Read 6048 times)

barker5000

NBC Daytime television game shows, 1976-1991
« on: April 19, 2016, 10:10:10 PM »
This may sound like a very stupid post (but then again, I have autism), but I'm trying to figure out which television game shows that aren't on television anymore ("Wheel Of Fortune" and "Jeopardy!" to be exact) that aired on NBC Daytime, that were also taped at the NBC Studios in Burbank, California from 1976 (the year after "SNL" premiered on NBC) to 1991 while Johnny Carson was still hosting "The Tonight Show" on NBC, and here's what I came up with:
1. "All Star Secrets"
2. "Battlestars"
3. "Blockbusters"
4. "Card Sharks"
5. "Celebrity Sweepstakes"
5. "Chain Reaction"
6. "Classic Concentration"
7. "Dream House"
8. "Go"
9. "The Gong Show"
10. "High Rollers"
11. "Hit Man"
12. "The Hollywood Squares"
13. "Hot Potato"
14. "It's Anybody's Guess"
15. "Just Men!"
16. "The Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour"
17. "Mindreaders"
18. "Password Plus"
19. "Sale Of The Century"
20. "Scrabble"
21. "Super Password"
22. "Time Machine"
23. "To Say The Least"
24. "To Tell The Truth"
25. "Wordplay"
26. "Your Number's Up"
Am I missing any others? :)

Thanks! :)
Sean

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Re: NBC Daytime television game shows, 1976-1991
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 10:31:29 PM »
This may sound like a very stupid post (but then again, I have autism)

The latter in no way excuses the former.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

barker5000

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 10:33:41 PM »
I'm sorry about that! :(

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:52 PM »
The point is you don't have to call attention to it. Just ask your question and don't rely on your condition (or any condition, really) as a crutch.
Travis L. Eberle

barker5000

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 10:37:24 PM »
You're right! :( Again, I'm sorry! :( I just don't want you to think that I'm crazy, nuts, etc. :( I just feel that every time I post here I always post something stupid! :(

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 02:41:51 PM »
You're right! :( Again, I'm sorry! :( I just don't want you to think that I'm crazy, nuts, etc. :( I just feel that every time I post here I always post something stupid! :(

People don't think you're nuts.  But if you want to be treated the same as everyone else, you have to be able to perform to the standards expected of you.

One of the challenges that sometimes occurs with our posters on the ASD spectrum is that they don't know how to frame questions very well.  When they write, it's very often train-of-thought, and not well-vetted.  What I would encourage you to do, in the future, is to use bulletpoints to build query parameters rather than construct your question as a single sentence.  It will help you frame your question better, and it will make it easier for the rest of us.  For example:

-----

I'm trying to figure out which television game shows meet the following parameters:
  • that aren't on television anymore
  • that aired on NBC Daytime
  • that were taped at the NBC Studios in Burbank from 1976 to 1991

(BTW: Notice how I edited that last parameter down a lot?  That's important!)

I've got a partial list based on what I know at this google doc (link to doc you've pre-constructed).  Am I missing any?

-----

I recognize that this is all a bit more work for you, but it makes it much more likely that you're going to get help.  And, as other posters said, don't defend yourself from the start by saying you're autistic.  Learn workarounds for your communication challenges instead.  You'll gain a lot more respect for it.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

barker5000

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »

People don't think you're nuts.  But if you want to be treated the same as everyone else, you have to be able to perform to the standards expected of you.

One of the challenges that sometimes occurs with our posters on the ASD spectrum is that they don't know how to frame questions very well.  When they write, it's very often train-of-thought, and not well-vetted.  What I would encourage you to do, in the future, is to use bulletpoints to build query parameters rather than construct your question as a single sentence.  It will help you frame your question better, and it will make it easier for the rest of us.  For example:

-----

I'm trying to figure out which television game shows meet the following parameters:
  • that aren't on television anymore
  • that aired on NBC Daytime
  • that were taped at the NBC Studios in Burbank from 1976 to 1991

(BTW: Notice how I edited that last parameter down a lot?  That's important!)

I've got a partial list based on what I know at this google doc (link to doc you've pre-constructed).  Am I missing any?

-----

I recognize that this is all a bit more work for you, but it makes it much more likely that you're going to get help.  And, as other posters said, don't defend yourself from the start by saying you're autistic.  Learn workarounds for your communication challenges instead.  You'll gain a lot more respect for it.

Thanks parliboy! :) I feel much better now! :) And I don't mean to go off-topic, but who's this Zach Horan you've guys been talking about?  :P

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2016, 04:17:05 PM »
but who's this Zach Horan you've guys been talking about?  :P

You're going to do just fine here, kid.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

SFQuizKid

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 05:31:30 PM »
Sean--

For questions and answers about "what studio" I'd recommend Bobby Ellerbee's "Eyes of a Generation" site
(http://www.eyesofageneration.com/)
and his Facebook timeline
(https://www.facebook.com/Eyes-Of-A-Generationcom-189359747768249/)?

Bobby has compiled histories of all three major networks' New York and West Coast studios.  His NBC West Coast history has a list of pretty much every program broadcast from NBC Burbank, including the game shows you're looking for.

Here's a direct link to the NBC history:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqt3o1fk08eqwvv/The%20NBC%20West%20Coast%20Studios%20History.pdf?dl=0
Just click "Download"--you don't have to join Dropbox to get the document.

barker5000

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 07:45:18 PM »
Sean--

For questions and answers about "what studio" I'd recommend Bobby Ellerbee's "Eyes of a Generation" site
(http://www.eyesofageneration.com/)
and his Facebook timeline
(https://www.facebook.com/Eyes-Of-A-Generationcom-189359747768249/)?

Bobby has compiled histories of all three major networks' New York and West Coast studios.  His NBC West Coast history has a list of pretty much every program broadcast from NBC Burbank, including the game shows you're looking for.

Here's a direct link to the NBC history:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iqt3o1fk08eqwvv/The%20NBC%20West%20Coast%20Studios%20History.pdf?dl=0
Just click "Download"--you don't have to join Dropbox to get the document.

Thanks everybody! :) I really appreciate it! :)

barker5000

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 07:46:12 PM »
but who's this Zach Horan you've guys been talking about?  :P

You're going to do just fine here, kid.

Thanks parliboy! :)