Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ryan Seacrest  (Read 4595 times)

dheine1971

Ryan Seacrest
« on: January 20, 2004, 09:20:47 AM »
Are there any fans of Ryan Seacrest, who in the 1990's hosted kid aimed game shows - "Gladiators 2000", "Wild Animal Games", and "Click". And currently hosts "American Idol" and most recently replaced Casey Kasem as host of the radio show "American Top 40" (and most recently revamped it with an all request show not following charts from R&R or Mediabase - almost like the way Shadoe Stevens killed off the old AT40 from 1991-1995 when he withdrew the Top 40 from the Billboard Hot 100 due to sales only rap and heavy metal singles songs making the Top 40 and first switching over to the Top 40 from Billboard's Radio Monitor with a couple songs mostly rap/R&B/dance that only got played in NYC, Chicago, and Los Angelse, and then switching over to the Top 40/Mainstream chart for the last 2 years of the old AT40)

aaron sica

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 09:51:07 AM »
Can you ask a simple question without erupting into verbal diarrhea?

Honestly..I'm not trying to sound nasty but on your last go-around here, we called you on it, and you took your toys and left.

If you keep doing it, we'll keep calling you on it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 10:02:59 AM by aaron sica »

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 10:31:50 AM »
Quite honestly, no. I can't stand the guy.

And I agree with Aaron 110% on this, is your only need to post when you have new fandom for a person, or when a brand name isn't mentioned on TPiR? (Referring to another board).

Oh well... <sigh>

aaron sica

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 11:19:16 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 10:31 AM\'] Quite honestly, no. I can't stand the guy.

And I agree with Aaron 110% on this, is your only need to post when you have new fandom for a person, or when a brand name isn't mentioned on TPiR? (Referring to another board).

Oh well... <sigh> [/quote]
 And in turn, I agree with Nicholas...

And I'm not saying that every time you post, it's garbage...Your thread you started on GS personalities doing voiceover work on cartoons is very interesting..

You just need to stop slapping comments within comments within comments inside questions, that's what I mean by "verbal diarrhea". It makes your posts very, very hard to comprehend.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 11:42:46 AM »
There wasn't even a question mark in that "question".

But to answer it anyhow: Yes, I imagine there ARE fans of Ryan Seacrest.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 12:12:48 PM »
Well, maybe he thought we'd confuse him with another Ryan Seacrest who hosted kid-aimed game shows - "Gladiators 2000", "Wild Animal Games", and "Click".

By the way, are there any Kid Rock-aimed game shows? Maybe there was a show titled "Drink Beer and Scream?" I'd probably watch that, at least once.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Don Howard

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 12:35:02 PM »
[quote name=\'dheine1971\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 09:20 AM\'] almost like the way Shadoe Stevens killed off the old AT40 from 1991-1995 when he withdrew the Top 40 from the Billboard Hot 100 due to sales only rap and heavy metal singles songs making the Top 40 and first switching over to the Top 40 from Billboard's Radio Monitor with a couple songs mostly rap/R&B/dance that only got played in NYC, Chicago, and Los Angelse, and then switching over to the Top 40/Mainstream chart for the last 2 years of the old AT40) [/quote]
 Shadoe didn't set policy. He was just a performer who showed up, read his lines and cashed his big fat check. The format putzing was the doing of ABC.

melman1

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 12:37:19 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 07:51 AM\'] If you keep doing it, we'll keep calling you on it. [/quote]
 I don't understand how someone could make the public announcement

>> I deceided to quit posting on this board.

and then come back.  Ever.  As if the announcement had never been made.

Oh well.
melman1, "some sort of God on this message board" - PYLdude, 7/9/06.

aaron sica

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2004, 12:41:47 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 12:37 PM\'] I don't understand how someone could make the public announcement

and then come back.  Ever.  As if the announcement had never been made.

Oh well. [/quote]
I honestly don't understand either, but then again, when I see stuff like this coming from him (from another GS-related message board):

--
First time the Smart Grip Squeegee (Are my eyes playing me or did they use a larger one this time?) was in TPIR's Grocery Game, but I hid my eyes mostly since I wouldn't find out if they have or have not used yet the current look (Maxwell House) Decaffinated Coffee instead of old packaging.
--

I honestly don't think I wanna know what's going on in that mind of his...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 12:42:09 PM by aaron sica »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2004, 01:29:50 PM »
[quote name=\'melman1\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 10:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 07:51 AM\'] If you keep doing it, we'll keep calling you on it. [/quote]
I don't understand how someone could make the public announcement
and then come back.  Ever.  As if the announcement had never been made.
Oh well. [/quote]
 It happens ALL. THE. TIME.

In fact, as a rule, when a user decides to publically "take his toys and leave", as Aaron so succinctly put it, the timestamp of that message marks the Official Start of a 24-hour wagering period as to when that user will come slinking back. Just pick your time, closest guess without going over is the big winner.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2004, 01:33:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 01:29 PM\'] In fact, as a rule, when a user decides to publically "take his toys and leave", as Aaron so succinctly put it, the timestamp of that message marks the Official Start of a 24-hour wagering period as to when that user will come slinking back. Just pick your time, closest guess without going over is the big winner. [/quote]
 So who's the lucky winner who had January 20th??? :)

If you do, you win........oh, I don't know, a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

GS Warehouse

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2004, 01:42:52 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 01:33 PM\'] So who's the lucky winner who had January 20th??? :)

If you do, you win........oh, I don't know, a year's supply of Turtle Wax. [/quote]
 I think this machine for this lottery is broken.  I asked for a QuikPik and it gave me a ticket marked February 30th.  #$*(%@*?!#&^$!

aaron sica

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2004, 01:49:41 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 01:42 PM\'] I think this machine for this lottery is broken.  I asked for a QuikPik and it gave me a ticket marked February 30th.  #$*(%@*?!#&^$! [/quote]
 I spoke to the people who provide that machine; they said that a new one will be arriving January 32nd. :)

joshg

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2004, 07:01:00 PM »
[quote name=\'dheine1971\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 06:20 AM\']Are there any fans of Ryan Seacrest, who in the 1990's hosted kid aimed game shows - "Gladiators 2000", "Wild Animal Games", and "Click". And currently hosts "American Idol" and most recently replaced Casey Kasem as host of the radio show "American Top 40" (and most recently revamped it with an all request show not following charts from R&R or Mediabase)[/quote]
I believe AT40 still follows some sort of chart - be it R&R, MediaBase, etc. I'll check on this when I'm at work next (since I run the AT40 countdown and I do have to pay attention once in a while!) They still do countdown from #40 to #1, except it's by a lot more sound effects and less Ryan.

JOSH
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

BrandonFG

Ryan Seacrest
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2004, 09:04:10 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 01:42 PM\'] [quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 01:33 PM\'] So who's the lucky winner who had January 20th??? :)

If you do, you win........oh, I don't know, a year's supply of Turtle Wax. [/quote]
I think this machine for this lottery is broken.  I asked for a QuikPik and it gave me a ticket marked February 30th.  #$*(%@*?!#&^$! [/quote]
 Mine said Smarch 1st.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!