Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Marathon West 3 from Vegas this weekend!  (Read 3773 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
Game Show Marathon West 3 from Vegas this weekend!
« on: August 08, 2016, 12:15:45 PM »
This weekend, from Noon Pacific on Saturday the 13th through Noon Pacific the following day, the 3rd installment will be happening at the Tropicana Hotel in Las Vegas.  The Home Game Enterprizes crew (including yours truly) have been working on this year's marathon since literally hours after last year's marathon.  Like last year, money raised during the marathon benefits ExtraLife and the Children's Hospital of Los Angeles.  Unlike last year, our goal is double last year--$5000, and we're close to 4 digits right now.  All the fun will be streaming live through Twitch.

The line-up of games is as follows:

Noon:  las Vegas Gambit (appropriate for the venue)
1 PM:  Monopoly
2 PM:  The Joker's Wild
3 PM:  Chain Reaction
4 PM:  Split Second
5 PM:  Blockbusters
6 PM:  Scrabble
7 PM:  Only Connect
8 PM:  Wipeout
9 PM:  Smush
10 PM:  Hollywood Squares
11 PM:  Match Game
Midnight:  Wheel of Fortune After Dark (not for the kiddies)
1 AM:  Remote Control
2 AM:  Drunken Password (a laugh out loud riot last year)
3 AM:  Showoffs
4 AM:  Concentration
5 AM:  Lingo
6 AM:  Eye Guess
7 AM:  Whew!
8 AM:  Countdown
9 AM:  Dealer's Choice
10 AM:  Pointless
11 AM:  Super Press Your Luck

We're also playing and streaming The $25,000 Pyramid and Family Feud on Friday night at 6 PM Pacific and 9 PM, respectively.  We're also streaming The Price is Right at 3 PM Pacific on Sunday.  That's at least 27 hours of game show fun to fill your weekend!

Also, you never know who's going to play these games.  Without namedropping, we had numerous Jeopardy! champions including tournament winners (plural) participate last year, as well as some faces and names you might recognize from different game shows over the years.  One person who has signed up to play some games this year is a well-known international game show personality.

You can find links to the Twitch page and the donation site at http://homegameenterprizes.com/marathon/index.html  We will also update social media throughout the marathon, at the very least at Home Game Enterprizes' Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.  We did some Periscoping last year.

Thanks in advance for your support for the kids!

MikeK

• Martha!
Re: Game Show Marathon West 3 from Vegas this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:03:10 AM »
A reminder and an update:

We're doing Pyramid and Feud tonight at 6 and 9 PM Pacific, respectively.  After talking with some folks yesterday, it sounds like one of the players will be someone everybody here should know by name.  (No, not me.  And I'm not referring to Matt Ottinger.)  Twitch link to watch all the festivities and donation link to contribute to the cause.

And we have hit 4 digits in the virtual kitty!  Let's reach our goal for the kids.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »
Last I heard we were at $1700 and growing. If you can throw in, please do so. Or even donate to a local children's hospital in your area.
Travis L. Eberle

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 11:52:05 PM »
I'm tired and I overindulged at the celebratory buffet, so I'll be brief. Including three donations that came in immediately after we cut off the feed, we went over $4,000. Thank you all for your donations, thank you for your kind words, and a special thanks to those of you that sent us e-mails with feedback about what you liked and what you didn't like. We had a detailed notes session afterward and we really took a look at everyone's comments and appreciated that input! See you next August!

peiboy91

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2016, 02:35:32 AM »
Great job with the marathon, it was nice to have an alternative at TCONA for those of us who aren't as hardcore at trivia. One thing I'd recommend is to stream it on Facebook Live so that it's easier for people to share. But it was a lot of fun, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard as when I played Wheel After Dark. (Now let's never speak of it again.)

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2016, 02:57:20 AM »
Great job with the marathon, it was nice to have an alternative at TCONA for those of us who aren't as hardcore at trivia.
I'm glad you said this. We were really looking to crank up the levels of difficulty on our games before it finally dawned on us that the hardest-of-the-hardcore weren't really interested in our stuff anyway, and once we figured that out, we got a little more sure-footed about what we're doing at the convention. We're McTrivia. :)