Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Readers Digest article by Rick Rosner  (Read 8453 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Readers Digest article by Rick Rosner
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:57:57 AM »
When flying back from Denver today, I picked up a copy of September's Reader's Digest from the newsstand.  Rick Rosner (the contestant, not the guy from Just Men!) wrote a brief three page article discussing, among other things, his termination from the writing staff of Weakest Link.  If you're not typically interested in the content RD provides, I can't say its worth the $3.95.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Thunder

Re: Readers Digest article by Rick Rosner
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 09:50:01 PM »
Darn. I thought it was the Rick Rosner from "Just Men!".

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 10:03:56 PM »
Dammit, now you've made me think about that annoying, annoying man again.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 12:25:53 AM »

I take it you two have made each other's acquaintance?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 02:56:22 PM »
I take it you two have made each other's acquaintance?

Not at all.  I just fine his whole public demeanor annoying.  His Twitter page includes the question, "Am I famous enough to sell my memoir yet?" and that really seems to be what he's striving for.  He's milked his Millionaire failure for more than a decade, still complaining to anyone who'll listen about how he was wronged, based on the slimmest of semantic arguments.  And now he's written a recent RD article, at least in part about how he was fired from an anonymous writing job on a show that hasn't been on the air in more than a decade? Please.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:47 PM »
And now he's written a recent RD article,
On the bright side the article should be in condensed form.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2016, 03:21:29 PM »
When the subject of contestants getting faulty questions comes up with friends, I like to contrast Rick Rosner and Ed Toutant. By the accounts I've heard, Toutant sent the producers an incredibly polite email presenting his case, and conceded that their ruling would be final whatever they decided. The producers were receptive and he was brought back. On the other side of the fence, you have people like Rick Rosner and Rob Gelbman, who instead chose to beat their chests and attempt litigation against the show. How are the producers supposed to respond to that?

The old adage is true here. You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2016, 03:25:35 PM »
The thing that links Messrs. Toutant, Van Gundy and Honea is that (at least what we saw of them) was personable and friendly, and not that of a condescending A-hole.
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 04:01:29 PM »
Here's a fun, if long report from someone who was in the audience for Ed's flawed question.  And for once, entertaining comments (including from Ed himself)!

https://evilsquirrelsnest.com/2014/09/05/the-16000-question/

I've met Ed a few times at various events and I find him delightful.  Charming and humble, and sharp as a tack.  I wish we were better friends.

Fedya

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 07:33:59 PM »
I know this is a game show board, but am I the only one who thinks of Rick Rosner and CHiPs before Just Men?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

aaron sica

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 07:44:42 PM »
I know this is a game show board, but am I the only one who thinks of Rick Rosner and CHiPs before Just Men?

Nope! As soon as I saw the name I got a mental image of the very end of the ChiPs opening where they show the city of LA and show his name in big letters as the theme ends.

PYLdude

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »
Refresh for me: which was the one who got the question wrong about the youngest President ever inaugurated and then bitched about it?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Kevin Prather

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 11:05:40 PM »
Refresh for me: which was the one who got the question wrong about the youngest President ever inaugurated and then bitched about it?

Bob Bass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/entertainment/millionaire-great-prez-debate-losing-contestant-argues-version-history-article-1.871166

PYLdude

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 11:11:45 PM »

Bob Bass.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/entertainment/millionaire-great-prez-debate-losing-contestant-argues-version-history-article-1.871166

This guy was a real piece of work.

An inauguration doesn't necessarily have to be done with pomp and circumstance to be official. For a guy who claimed to be such a presidential trivia buff, he whiffed bad on that one.

Hell, Calvin Coolidge's father inaugurated him in the middle of the night.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 11:20:24 PM »
To Kevin's point: it shouldn't matter if you're a Franciscan friar or a crankypants--they should hear out disputes in an honorable way.
Travis L. Eberle