Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Readers Digest article by Rick Rosner  (Read 8446 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Re: Readers Digest article by Rick Rosner
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 12:50:34 AM »
To Kevin's point: it shouldn't matter if you're a Franciscan friar or a crankypants--they should hear out disputes in an honorable way.
Never been on a show, but guessing someone else can confirm/deny.  I would think there's some kind of clause that states that "judges decisions are final".
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 03:54:06 AM »
To Kevin's point: it shouldn't matter if you're a Franciscan friar or a crankypants--they should hear out disputes in an honorable way.
Never been on a show, but guessing someone else can confirm/deny.  I would think there's some kind of clause that states that "judges decisions are final".

I think the term used in this day and age is "producers" and not "judges".
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

aaron sica

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2016, 08:21:11 AM »
Refresh for me: which was the one who got the question wrong about the youngest President ever inaugurated and then bitched about it?

Funny this popped up.....Watched one of the many "Scrabble" episodes on the YouTubes yesterday and one of the contestants was someone who likes trivia that people usually get wrong...One question he mentioned that most people get wrong is who our youngest president was.

aaron sica

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2016, 08:21:41 AM »
Refresh for me: which was the one who got the question wrong about the youngest President ever inaugurated and then bitched about it?

Funny that this popped up.....Watched one of the many "Scrabble" episodes on the YouTubes yesterday and one of the contestants was someone who likes trivia that people usually get wrong...One question he mentioned that most people get wrong is who our youngest president was (episode SCR-42, contestant Toby).

Kevin Prather

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »

Pretty much. I imagine Standards and Practices could probably trump it if they tried to say "Two plus two equals five", but otherwise the ball is in their court.