Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Season Finale tonight (5/13)  (Read 3004 times)

BillCullen1

Match Game Season Finale tonight (5/13)
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:10:00 AM »
The season finale of Match Game airs at 10 pm Eastern time on ABC. OOPS - this was posted in the wrong section. Can it be moved? I tried and could not do it.

daveromanjr

Re: Match Game Season Finale tonight (5/13)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 11:03:29 AM »
I just hope this isn't the series finale.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 11:17:36 PM »
(Hoping this isn't too early, even for a covered non-gameplay spoiler)

Anyone know when this one was taped? I kind of found Alec's reference to James Comey a bit interesting, to say the least...
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

BillCullen1

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 12:20:53 AM »

Anyone know when this one was taped?

Early November, before Election Day.

daveromanjr

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 07:06:31 AM »

Anyone know when this one was taped? I kind of found Alec's reference to James Comey a bit interesting, to say the least...
I was at the taping for this.  It was taped on November 4th, first episode that day to be taped.  Darrel Hammond did not seem very enthused about being there but was truly fun to run into as I was walking out the studio doors onto the street.  His answer of "Charades" to a question left Alec in absolute stitches, he made Darrel retrieve the card, sign it and took it along with the question card saying he was going to keep it forever.

Jumpondees

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 02:47:50 PM »
Did anyone catch the promo for the new Gong Show that ran becore the second Super Match? 

Early impressions based on that short look?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 08:30:50 PM »
Darrel Hammond did not seem very enthused about being there but was truly fun to run into as I was walking out the studio doors onto the street. 

I saw Hammond do stand-up a number of years ago (he had been on SNL maybe a year at that point), and he didn't look enthused being there either.  I think that's just his way--not outgoing, but very methodical.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

daveromanjr

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Darrel Hammond did not seem very enthused about being there but was truly fun to run into as I was walking out the studio doors onto the street. 

I saw Hammond do stand-up a number of years ago (he had been on SNL maybe a year at that point), and he didn't look enthused being there either.  I think that's just his way--not outgoing, but very methodical.
Makes sense.  I ran into him as he was leaving the building and I stopped to talk with him really quickly.  He was with 2 other people and I didn't want to bug him so I just said I really appreciated his work both on TV and doing standup.  To say he was approachable would be an understatement, I told him I didn't want to bother him so I'd be going and he stopped me saying I wasn't bothering him at all.  We chit-chatted for a second and went our separate ways.  Very understated and approachable.