Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Interesting photo on eBay  (Read 2914 times)

Bob Zager

Interesting photo on eBay
« on: July 07, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
Here is a link to a photo of Ruta Lee and Alex Trebek, standing in front of the main game board on High Rollers, featuring the "Face Lifters," screen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUTA-LEE-SMILING-ALEX-TREBEK-HIGH-ROLLERS-GAME-SHOW-ORIGINAL-1976-NBC-TV-PHOTO-/352100570009?hash=item51fad45399:g:Is8AAOSwyWZZTISE

You'll notice the person pictured is Miss Lee, Herself!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
Re: Interesting photo on eBay
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:34:17 AM »
Here is a link to a photo of Ruta Lee and Alex Trebek, standing in front of the main game board on High Rollers, featuring the "Face Lifters," screen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RUTA-LEE-SMILING-ALEX-TREBEK-HIGH-ROLLERS-GAME-SHOW-ORIGINAL-1976-NBC-TV-PHOTO-/352100570009?hash=item51fad45399:g:Is8AAOSwyWZZTISE

You'll notice the person pictured is Miss Lee, Herself!

That fro and stache is envious.

KrisW73

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 09:48:39 AM »
I was the one who bought the photo. I received it yesterday and noted an interesting error in the typed description lists the face on the board behind Ruta and Alex as Joan Rivers, not Ruta Lee.

tvwxman

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »
I could make the argument that it is in fact Joan and not Ruta.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

KrisW73

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2017, 11:30:11 AM »
I could make the argument that it is in fact Joan and not Ruta.

Looking at photos of Joan from the 1970s I could definitely see it now...

Bob Zager

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2017, 12:00:50 PM »
I was the one who bought the photo. I received it yesterday and noted an interesting error in the typed description lists the face on the board behind Ruta and Alex as Joan Rivers, not Ruta Lee.

You know, you could be right, but I just thought it looked like Ruta Lee's picture.  There was no mention from the eBay listing as to whom it is.   I shouldn't have said that it was her, so I apologize if I'm wrong.

IIRC, the opening into of the show, after this new format began, showed piece by piece being uncovered and always showed the image of Alex Trebek.

KrisW73

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 12:03:24 PM »

You know, you could be right, but I just thought it looked like Ruta Lee's picture.  There was no mention from the eBay listing as to whom it is.   I shouldn't have said that it was her, so I apologize if I'm wrong.

IIRC, the opening into of the show, after this new format began, showed piece by piece being uncovered and always showed the image of Alex Trebek.

I think the eyes and the mascara are deceiving - it does look like Ruta, and it does look like Joan. I would assume they used Ruta's photo as to not spoil potential game material.