Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: February Sweeps  (Read 5723 times)

zachhoran

February Sweeps
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 10:33:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:59 AM\']

Since "Squares" has aired new episodes in July before, I hope the last new episode won't air this July, as viewership probably won't be as high as it would if it aired in May.  Also, the past few years I've never been able to figure out exactly when in July the new episodes were coming. [/quote]
 Last season they didn't air any new episodes in July like they had in the WHoopi era.

Neumms

February Sweeps
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 10:46:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:59 AM\'] I certainly hope they'll acknowledge their finale.  Each version of "Squares" has left with a great final episode (with the exception of "Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour" of course).  
 [/quote]
 I've heard about the last NBC episode. How did the Davidson version go out?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
February Sweeps
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2004, 11:02:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 10:46 AM\'] [quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:59 AM\'] I certainly hope they'll acknowledge their finale.  Each version of "Squares" has left with a great final episode (with the exception of "Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour" of course). 
 [/quote]
I've heard about the last NBC episode. How did the Davidson version go out? [/quote]
 From Chris Jaunsen's "Fabulous Finales" website:
Despite Jm J. Bullock's attempt to sabotage the show with his low-brow humor, the finale managed to end respectfully as the show's crew gathered in each square to sing the series off with "Happy Trails." After the credits rolled, a shot of a barren set followed along with a few audio-tidbits from the show's run including Bullock's "welcome to game show hell everybody!"
--Mark
Phil 4:13

bricon

February Sweeps
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2004, 11:09:03 AM »
As reported a few months ago, Feb 22 is tentatively the last tape date for squares.
The fact that they haven't released extended dates so close to the last listed tape date and the fact that the show is cancelled, makes me think that they decided to cut their losses and end the season early.

You think wrong.  It's a full season of shows, 36 weeks.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 11:09:37 AM by bricon »

cmjb13

February Sweeps
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2004, 11:12:46 AM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 11:09 AM\']
As reported a few months ago, Feb 22 is tentatively the last tape date for squares.
The fact that they haven't released extended dates so close to the last listed tape date and the fact that the show is cancelled, makes me think that they decided to cut their losses and end the season early.

You think wrong.  It's a full season of shows, 36 weeks. [/quote]
 They must have just taped the weeks closer together.

Then it just looks like they are ending early when it's actually the same.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Brandon Brooks

February Sweeps
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2004, 11:47:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 05:42 AM\'] Pyramid:  I can't say anything more than what's already posted here.  RIP Pyramid(1998-2004). [/quote]
 ?

Brandon Brooks

David Lawrence

February Sweeps
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2004, 11:52:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 11:47 AM\'][quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 05:42 AM\'] Pyramid:  I can't say anything more than what's already posted here.  RIP Pyramid(1998-2004). [/quote]
?

Brandon Brooks[/quote]
What, you mean you don't remember all those trips to the Winner's Circle with Judy Tenuta in 1998?

Michael Brandenburg

February Sweeps
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2004, 05:37:07 PM »
It may be stretching things to call TLC's Junkyard Mega-Wars a "game show," but the producers of it have a two-hour special titled "At the Movies" scheduled for airing at 8 P.M. Eastern Time on 2-22-2004.  Here's the description of it from the show's website:

Three teams behind Hollywood's blockbuster special effects battle it out to build the ultimate fighting robot that must breathe fire, shoot bullets and save the world from an Alien Invasion.  Rossi Morreale, Bobbi-Sue Luther and Robert Llewellyn host.

The show is intended to tie-in with the Acadamy Awards that are scheduled for broadcast on 2-29-2004 -- unless that broadcast gets postponed by some upsetting world event, of course!

Michael Brandenburg
(Of note: A similar challenge was among the ones during the last season of Scrapheap Challenge, Junkyard Mega-Wars' sister show in the United Kingdom.  The challenging teams in this one had to build remote-control robots that were supposed to deactivate small "nuclear bombs."  TLC later aired that episode in the U.S. after "re-badging" it as a Junkyard Mega-Wars episode, and I thought it was a blast!)

ChuckNet

February Sweeps
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2004, 08:32:40 PM »
H2: Other than the Classic TV Week, I'm not sure if a College Tournament is viable with its inpending cancellation. Perhaps a final Tournament of Champions might go here. If not, maybe in May.

Since the ToC has always been held the first week of May, I'm thinking that'll be the case this season, as well...and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't go ahead w/the College Tournament as usual. Perhaps our good friend Brian Conn can shed some light on this...

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

zachhoran

February Sweeps
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2004, 08:41:59 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:32 PM\']

Since the ToC has always been held the first week of May, I'm thinking that'll be the case this season, as well...and I don't see any reason why they wouldn't go ahead w/the College Tournament as usual. Perhaps our good friend Brian Conn can shed some light on this...

[/quote]
 The "TofC" for players from the first season(first season had no returning champions) were brought back in a week airing in October 1999. Two new players played each day, with the top cash prize in the bonus round $25K instead of the usual $10K or $15K.

bricon

February Sweeps
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2004, 01:28:15 PM »

Here comes the 40-watt bulb :)  There will not be a college tournament, but there will be a Tournament of Champions, the full details of which are still being hammered out.

GS Warehouse

February Sweeps
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2004, 03:10:08 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 06:59 AM\'] Has anyone else is planning anything? [/quote]
I highly doubt this warrants its own thread, so I'll just stick it here: LMaD90 models Elaine and Diane (better known as the Coors Light twins) are hosting a special for Fox this Friday called That's Just Wrong!.  Apparantly even after My Big Fat Obnoxius Fiance, Fox still has not the lowest common denominator yet.

[Coors Light commercial starts]I love ...[fast forward]... twins [fast forward] ...and...and twins![rewind]and twins![pause]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2004, 03:12:00 PM by GS Warehouse »