Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Australian "$ale" Revival?  (Read 1891 times)

Sodboy13

Australian "$ale" Revival?
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:37:16 PM »
Via BuzzerBlog, Network Ten's allegedly aiming to bring back the Channel Nine staple:

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/07/ten-to-pilot-sale-of-the-century.html

The post's writer has the same concern I do: If the smaller-sized set means a budget butchering akin to Seven's The Price Is Big W from a few years back, which would basically doom the show. Hopefully that's not the case, because it's such a great show when done properly.

(I guess you could say we've already had a stripped-down $ale revival, except Seven called it "Million Dollar Minute.")
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

BrandonFG

Re: Australian "$ale" Revival?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 04:52:43 PM »
Space will not allow for the physical showcase of cars and dining suites

This sounds pretty cheesy, given the idea of the show is to create the illusion of a luxurious showcase, bargains or not. Even in the digital shopping era, where you can buy a car all online, this seems pretty cheap.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:59:01 AM by BrandonFG »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 05:00:18 PM »
I don't care overmuch about a dining room being on set because I know what table and chairs look like. (Nobody cares that the Fame Game prizes are all art cards.) Not having your eye catching grand prize there seems like dumbnity that even Temptation USA managed to side step.  The video wall replacing instant bargains I'm less stoked about, but who knows.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:11:17 PM »
I don't care overmuch about a dining room being on set because I know what table and chairs look like. (Nobody cares that the Fame Game prizes are all art cards.) Not having your eye catching grand prize there seems like dumbnity that even Temptation USA managed to side step.  The video wall replacing instant bargains I'm less stoked about, but who knows.

As long as they don't give away "Lots of Love" like free water along a marathon race course,...