Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Totally Obsessed  (Read 4895 times)

Matt Ottinger

Totally Obsessed
« on: February 04, 2004, 12:36:40 PM »
This just got e-mailed to me.  I thought I'd send it along.  You guys would want to know.
------------------------------

VH1’s
New Hit Show
“TOTALLY OBSESSED”

CELEBRATES POP CULTURE & PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH IT

ARE YOU COMPLETELY PREOCCUPIED WITH WATCHING GAME SHOWS? DO YOU WATCH THEM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY? ARE YOU A GAME SHOW EXPERT? HAVE YOU BEEN ON TONS OF GAME SHOWS?

If so, please contact Annabel Torrey at Annabel.Torrey@vh1staff.com

Compensation: $50-$100
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.
This is in or around Nationwide

This posting can be found at:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tfr/23694815.html
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 12:37:37 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tvrandywest

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 02:16:32 PM »
VH-1 has apparently been working on this one for months. I was first contacted on behalf of VH-1 by Celia Converse at a New York talent booking agency for this show in the summer of 2003 (I declined). Go for it, friends. I think it's for real.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jimmy Owen

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 03:02:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:36 PM\'] This just got e-mailed to me.  I thought I'd send it along.  You guys would want to know.
------------------------------

VH1’s
New Hit Show
“TOTALLY OBSESSED”

CELEBRATES POP CULTURE & PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH IT

ARE YOU COMPLETELY PREOCCUPIED WITH WATCHING GAME SHOWS? DO YOU WATCH THEM ALL DAY, EVERY DAY? ARE YOU A GAME SHOW EXPERT? HAVE YOU BEEN ON TONS OF GAME SHOWS?

If so, please contact Annabel Torrey at Annabel.Torrey@vh1staff.com

Compensation: $50-$100
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or
commercial interests.
This is in or around Nationwide

This posting can be found at:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/tfr/23694815.html [/quote]
I am not obsessed with game shows.  The "Ron Ely Room" in my house is there because I like Tarzan movies.*    

*I don't really have a Ron Ely Room.  It's a joke. :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 04:05:58 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

ChuckNet

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 08:25:14 PM »
VH-1 has apparently been working on this one for months. I was first contacted on behalf of VH-1 by Celia Converse at a New York talent booking agency for this show in the summer of 2003 (I declined). Go for it, friends. I think it's for real. ;-)

And go for it, I did, even including a link to my website...hopefully I'll hear back from the contact person soon.

Chuck Donegan (The Optimistic "Chuckie Baby")

leszekp

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 08:35:06 PM »
Yup, I got contacted too, last November. I passed - I don't think I'm all that obsessed with game shows (for that matter, I'm only interested in quiz-type shows; TPIR, LMAD and FF leave me cold, but that's just me).

calliaume

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 08:51:48 PM »
I did speak with the woman listed on the web site for a minute or two -- it's a full program about people who are truly obsessed with their hobbies, be it macrame, 'N Sync, game shows, or rubber band balls.

Given I haven't updated my web site in a year and a half (work, baby), I said I didn't think I qualified.  She noted she has a few people in the game show category, so she was probably set anyway.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Totally Obsessed
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 09:01:14 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 06:51 PM\'] Given I haven't updated my web site in a year and a half (work, baby), I said I didn't think I qualified.  She noted she has a few people in the game show category, so she was probably set anyway. [/quote]
 Having seen "Trekkies", I have an idea of what they're looking for, and thankfully, I don't think I qualify either.

I wonder if we know the people on that short list of hers. I fear we might... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zachhoran

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 09:04:34 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:01 PM\']
Having seen "Trekkies", I have an idea of what they're looking for, and thankfully, I don't think I qualify either.

I wonder if we know the people on that short list of hers. I fear we might... :) [/quote]
 Lemme guess: Morehits4u, THad DIxon, and N2nuno :)

Matt Ottinger

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 09:18:19 PM »
My feeling is that for the sort of program VH1 is probably looking for, I'd rather not know whether I "qualify" or not.  Of course when they're ready to do their segment on Bill Cullen specifically (and Mr. Wostbrock passes), then I'm their MAN!

TraderRob

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 10:09:01 PM »
While not sure if I *truly* consider myself obsessed, apparently I was obsessed enough for them, because they contacted me and I'm going to submit a videotape of everything that makes me the 21st Century Game Show Geek.   What happens from there is beyond me, but what the hell...  gonna have fun with it.  

I'll finally give some exposure to the 150 board games stacked to the ceiling in my bedroom closet! :-)

Rob

Matt Ottinger

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004, 10:20:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TraderRob\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 11:09 PM\'] I'll finally give some exposure to the 150 board games stacked to the ceiling in my bedroom closet! :-) [/quote]
 <mumble..mumble..mumble..cough> amateur! <cough..mumble..mumble>

TraderRob

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 10:25:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 10:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'TraderRob\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 11:09 PM\'] I'll finally give some exposure to the 150 board games stacked to the ceiling in my bedroom closet! :-) [/quote]
<mumble..mumble..mumble..cough> amateur! <cough..mumble..mumble> [/quote]
 Ouch... low blow!  

Maybe I'd have more if you'd keep your website up to date! ;-)

J.R.

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 11:18:59 PM »
Well, I made an entire webpage dedicated to a host who hosted for 5 months and has never hosted again.

That, and I'm probably the only person in a 100 mile range who even knows of his existance.

I refrence him, make jokes about him, I quote him, I admire him.

Yet, I NEVER GOT A WORD FROM THESE PEOPLE !!!

Some people get all the breaks ! : P
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Jimmy Owen

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 11:39:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:18 PM\'] My feeling is that for the sort of program VH1 is probably looking for, I'd rather not know whether I "qualify" or not.  Of course when they're ready to do their segment on Bill Cullen specifically (and Mr. Wostbrock passes), then I'm their MAN! [/quote]
 Matt, if you tell VH-1 that instead of the 50 bucks, you want to be paid in DVD copies of BC's "$25,000 Pyramid" you will be deemed suitably obsessed! :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Totally Obsessed
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 10:11:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 12:39 AM\'] Matt, if you tell VH-1 that instead of the 50 bucks, you want to be paid in DVD copies of BC's "$25,000 Pyramid" you will be deemed suitably obsessed! :) [/quote]
 Yeah, like nobody else here would pay fifty bucks for some nice DVDs of $25K.
Maybe I'd have more if you'd keep your website up to date! ;-)
Oohh, nice comeback!  Believe me, I want to.  Cullen site too.  Problem is I spend too much of my internet time HERE!