Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: In case one of us makes Super Millionaire...  (Read 6812 times)

KyleCHaight

In case one of us makes Super Millionaire...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2004, 07:47:39 PM »
As unlikely as these are, call me for. . .

Science-Fiction
Wrestling (World Wrestling Federation especially. I can tell you anything)
The Simpsons
South Park

Worth a shot.

DrBear

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2004, 08:01:32 PM »
[quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 11:56 AM\'] From what I can tell, if you really wanted to, you could probably use your pet dog Sparky as your PAF!  
 [/quote]
 OK Sparky, the question is "Whose home run record did Hank Aaron break?"

A. Gehrig
B. Mays
C. DiMaggio
D. Ruth.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2004, 08:17:47 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 08:01 PM\'] [quote name=\'beatlefreak84\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 11:56 AM\'] From what I can tell, if you really wanted to, you could probably use your pet dog Sparky as your PAF! 
 [/quote]
OK Sparky, the question is "Whose home run record did Hank Aaron break?"

A. Gehrig
B. Mays
C. DiMaggio
D. Ruth. [/quote]
 "Sparky!  Hank Aaron broke whose home run record?"

"Roof roof!"

"The dog says Ruth.  I'd trust him."

Maybe it's just me but I'd rather have a dream team of Phone-a-Friends whose knowledge spans many different subjects than pluck a person from here who says they specialize in a random subject, like sub-Saharan ritual art.  (If any of you need a PaF who knows sub-Saharan ritual art, I took an African Art course 18 months ago.)

I'd say anybody who has passed the Jeopardy! 50-question exam would be a more than adequate Phone-a-Friend.  I don't want to influence anybody's PaF picks but I did pass the J! exam about two years ago...:-)

trainman

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2004, 10:25:37 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Feb 8 2004, 05:17 PM\'] "Sparky!  Hank Aaron broke whose home run record?"

"Roof roof!"

"The dog says Ruth.  I'd trust him."

(snipped)

I'd say anybody who has passed the Jeopardy! 50-question exam would be a more than adequate Phone-a-Friend.  I don't want to influence anybody's PaF picks but I did pass the J! exam about two years ago...:-) [/quote]
 Not only have I passed the "Jeopardy!" test twice in two years, and the non-phone "Millionaire" test once, but when I was in college, I managed to extend the above "talking dog" joke, minus the "Phone-a-Friend" component, into a 2-minute audio editing project.

I haven't spoken up in this thread yet because I'm pretty sure every piece of esoteric knowledge I have is matched by someone else on this board.  I know there are people here who know quite a bit more than I do about local TV Guide editions and radio station jingles, just to name two things.
trainman is a man of trains

uncamark

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2004, 01:05:12 PM »
General pop culture, with more than enough on pre-rock popular music to get you kids by on a PAF (but I could also tell an older person who Andre 3000 and BigBoi are).

Also, theater (and that isn't necessarily pop culture, so it is separate).  Don't know who the heroine of Ibsen's "A Doll House" is?  Who wrote "The Birds"?  (Both the play and novel the Hitchcock movie was based on, come to think of it.)  I could help you there.