Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Preguntas de 100 Mexicanos Dijeron...  (Read 8161 times)

JMFabiano

Preguntas de 100 Mexicanos Dijeron...
« on: February 19, 2004, 08:14:16 PM »
Just a few quick questions about 100MD....

- I notice they are using "special" theme music and have the Mexican flags decorating the set.  What's the occasion being represented by these?

- Anyone notice that they are using a version of the FF94 logo?

- How exactly does the #1 Answer bonuses work (my guess is 25K pesos for all #1 answers, 50K pesos if one person does it)

- Is it just me, or does Marco Antonio Regil keep up the tradition of what the best hosts were about?  He doesn't stick to a certain routine like some current ones do, and seems to have a good wit.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

jdhernandez

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 06:07:56 AM »
- I notice they are using "special" theme music and have the Mexican flags decorating the set. What's the occasion being represented by these?

From what I understand, this is simply celebrating their Mexican heritage with their mariachi theme which resembles the old theme song. Now THIS set is making everything starting to feel more like home... =) BTW, I LOVE this theme song, makes me want to pull out my huge sombrero and dance around it. Yes, I have a huge sombrero, but that's another story. ;-)

- Anyone notice that they are using a version of the FF94 logo?

Yeah, that's part of all the changes I was mentioning when I first saw these new shows in Mexico some time ago...dont'cha love it?

- How exactly does the #1 Answer bonuses work (my guess is 25K pesos for all #1 answers, 50K pesos if one person does it)

"Si, señor!" La encuesta dice...muchos pesos! (BTW, I don't think anyone has gotten all the number one answers by himself)

- Is it just me, or does Marco Antonio Regil keep up the tradition of what the best hosts were about? He doesn't stick to a certain routine like some current ones do, and seems to have a good wit.

It's not just you. I've been saying this for years, but now more people are beginning to take notice...he really has come into his own now. Even if people don't understand Spanish, you can just TELL. He also has that Barker-esque quality where he stalls for nearly a minute before he reveals an answer during the course of the game. He doesn't do the same thing every time, either. Remember the audience member falling asleep? Or the time where Marco explained he was stalling because he thought the answer given would end the game after only 4 very quick rounds? Ya gotta love it.

-JD Hernandez
"Vamos a Jugar!"
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 09:31:53 AM »
I was lucky enough to catch the show while I was vacationing in California on Telefutura.  (I don't have that channel here in New Jersey.)

Two of the Marco scenes I happen to love during my observation of the shows are:

1.  The way he stalls out answers.  You can easily see how wild the family gets when he does that.

and 2.  Pressured a husband and wife to kiss on camera if one of them got an answer on the board.

And I still remember that...

(Marco and audience chant) "KISS!  KISS!  KISS!"

(couple kisses)

(Marco) "HEEEEEEE! YEEEEEEEE!!!"

(audience applauds)
-Sanford

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2004, 02:40:36 PM »
Pianogeek:

Are you in a part of NJ that can't pick up Channel 68 out of NYC?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

JMFabiano

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2004, 03:57:18 PM »
Another question...speaking of chants, what is it that the audience chants when the contestant is close to a Fast Money win?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

byrd62

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2004, 07:50:50 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 20 2004, 03:57 PM\']Another question...speaking of chants, what is it that the audience chants when the contestant is close to a Fast Money win?[/quote]
I think it's "¡Sí, se puede!"---"Yes, we can!"