Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Barker interview at CBS.com  (Read 2409 times)

cmjb13

Barker interview at CBS.com
« on: February 26, 2004, 06:30:23 AM »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 07:08:20 AM »
I should warn anyone who hasn't clicked the link yet that a piece of SPOILER! information is included within the interview. It's a very entertaining and informative read, however. Thanks for posting it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 07:18:19 AM by Don Howard »

Mike Tennant

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2004, 10:07:52 AM »
"We had a representative of Fremantle Media on the show, and he said some very flattering things about me."

Oh, goody!  Another Syd Vinnedge comedy routine, perhaps?

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2004, 01:26:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 09:07 AM\'] "We had a representative of Fremantle Media on the show, and he said some very flattering things about me."
 [/quote]
 That could be "my, he looks good for his age."
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 01:31:05 PM »
I noticed that when describing his favorite moment, he used a line that he uses in every single interview. Ah, the joy of being a game show fan that pays so much attention to minute details. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tyshaun1

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 03:23:51 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 01:31 PM\'] I noticed that when describing his favorite moment, he used a line that he uses in every single interview. Ah, the joy of being a game show fan that pays so much attention to minute details. :-) [/quote]
 How 'bout, for every question, he used the lines he's used in every other interview?
Of course, taken into account the man's 80, it's a good thing he remembers what to say for these interviews. :)

Tyshaun

EmiOfBrie

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2004, 05:06:42 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 03:23 PM\'] Of course, taken into account the man's 80, it's a good thing he remembers what to say for these interviews. :) [/quote]
 Oh come on...give him more credit than that....he may be 80 but his mind is still sharp as a tack.  You have to be sharp and on the ball to host TPIR, as Tom Kennedy will attest to.

zachhoran

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2004, 07:50:40 PM »
I'm surprised he's saying the show wants to do another Vegas roadshow. Certainly they'll try to avoid the debacle that was the Harrah's Rio 30th anniversary show from two years ago.

cmjb13

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2004, 08:11:50 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 07:50 PM\'] I'm surprised he's saying the show wants to do another Vegas roadshow. Certainly they'll try to avoid the debacle that was the Harrah's Rio 30th anniversary show from two years ago. [/quote]
I had made it well known that there is no reason to do another road show.

Unless they are getting a huge site fee for this, it's really not worth it.

Ratings aren't going to be much higher if a primetime special is taped in 33 or somewhere else. Just the same if the show was broadcasted live (which had been discussed briefly) as opposed to taped.

Phil Rossi mentioned after the show that heads were going to roll the following week with Harrah's security. He also mentioned that they were supposed to get more Las Vegas dancers for the intro to that show.

And for those who don't know, one of the reason's they couldn't use Radio City Music Hall was because they would have had to leave the pricing games outside on the street.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 08:12:25 PM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

HYHYBT

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2004, 01:10:10 AM »
Great for souvenier hunters, though.

He'd probably quit giving the same answers in every interview if they'd quit asking the same questions.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2004, 06:53:53 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 01:10 AM\'] He'd probably quit giving the same answers in every interview if they'd quit asking the same questions. [/quote]
 Q: What do you think is the greatest issue facing our nation today, Bob?

Bob: She came on down and they came on out!
@lambertman

DrBear

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2004, 08:06:49 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 05:53 AM\'] [quote name=\'HYHYBT\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 01:10 AM\'] He'd probably quit giving the same answers in every interview if they'd quit asking the same questions. [/quote]

Bob: She came on down and they came on out! [/quote]
 They were asking Bob about the Janet Jackson incident?
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 10:21:11 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:06 AM\'][quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 05:53 AM\']

Bob: She came on down and they came on out! [/quote]
They were asking Bob about the Janet Jackson incident?[/quote]
No, silly--the recent happenings in San Francisco.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin