Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Break The Bank 70's  (Read 1522 times)

familyfeudfan

Break The Bank 70's
« on: February 27, 2004, 08:34:40 PM »
How did the board work on the 70's version of Break the Bank?

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
Break The Bank 70's
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 10:08:56 PM »
"Occasionally" :)

No seriously; real live people down there. The way nature intended game show boards to be run.
@lambertman

Jay Temple

Break The Bank 70's
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:17:06 PM »
Fundamentalist wacko, you!  I'd settle for a time when everything you saw at home was a real thing in the studio.  (As distinguished, say, from the main-game answer boards at some points in FF's history, and everything in My Generation.)
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Mike Tennant

Break The Bank 70's
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 07:00:09 PM »
And to add to that:  How 'bout a time when a half-hour game show taped in a half-hour, period (except for extraordinary circumstances), so that all flubs, tie games, etc., were seen at home?

uncamark

Break The Bank 70's
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 07:10:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 07:00 PM\']And to add to that:  How 'bout a time when a half-hour game show taped in a half-hour, period (except for extraordinary circumstances), so that all flubs, tie games, etc., were seen at home?[/quote]
I will say that there were some of the around 15 "J!" eps I've seen taped--all on locations away from Culver City--where everything ended in a half-hour without any problems.  Until they had a check a response or correct an error--that's the only thing that stops tape other than technical problems on that show.  And I'm pretty sure that Friedman & Co. intend that any five shows they tape in a day go without a hitch--but when they have to check something, especially in events like tournaments...

(I'm sure the same things happened during the Art Fleming days, but they also had two more commercial breaks than the current version--three if you count the Encyclopedia International plug and "we'll return to Art Fleming and the Double Jeopardy! portion of our game after this message" as a segment).