Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gameshow24.com  (Read 2681 times)

bwood

Gameshow24.com
« on: February 29, 2004, 12:06:29 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned, but GameShow24 (which has "The Hometown Price Is Right" that we knew about) has updated their site with a Card Sharks game (which looks like Perry's version, mixes both the CS2k1 theme and Perry theme, and uses TPIR esqe gameplay instead of surveys) and coming soon, a Press Your Luck game. Of course they only have the Connecticut version, but oh well, you can still play it. I'm going to check it out right now. Maybe since Gameshow24 has TPIR, that's why Gamesville no longer has it? Who knows.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 12:09:30 PM by bwood »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Gameshow24.com
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 12:54:51 PM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 12:06 PM\'] I don't know if this has been mentioned, but GameShow24 (which has "The Hometown Price Is Right" that we knew about) has updated their site with a Card Sharks game (which looks like Perry's version, mixes both the CS2k1 theme and Perry theme, and uses TPIR esqe gameplay instead of surveys) and coming soon, a Press Your Luck game. Of course they only have the Connecticut version, but oh well, you can still play it. I'm going to check it out right now. Maybe since Gameshow24 has TPIR, that's why Gamesville no longer has it? Who knows. [/quote]
 I would hope this isn't the "official" version.  As a resident of Iowa, it said I couldn't play.  While I'm sure there is a good reason why--it's dissapointing.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

uncamark

Gameshow24.com
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 02:25:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 12:54 PM\'][quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 12:06 PM\'] I don't know if this has been mentioned, but GameShow24 (which has "The Hometown Price Is Right" that we knew about) has updated their site with a Card Sharks game (which looks like Perry's version, mixes both the CS2k1 theme and Perry theme, and uses TPIR esqe gameplay instead of surveys) and coming soon, a Press Your Luck game. Of course they only have the Connecticut version, but oh well, you can still play it. I'm going to check it out right now. Maybe since Gameshow24 has TPIR, that's why Gamesville no longer has it? Who knows. [/quote]
I would hope this isn't the "official" version.  As a resident of Iowa, it said I couldn't play.  While I'm sure there is a good reason why--it's dissapointing.[/quote]
As "official" as you'll probably get outside Gamesville or Uproar, since it does have the "Based on the FremantleMedia program '[name of show]'" and a Fremantle copyright notice at the bottom.

drmusic_99

Gameshow24.com
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »
I wasn't aware the Gamesville version was no more... Lycos' licence for the game must have ended. That's too bad... I always felt it was pretty faithful to the real thing (even if the prizes were nothing like real-life prizes).

Jim

Gameshow24.com
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 07:48:36 PM »
Warning about Gameshow24.  You may not get your pprizes even if you win the computer games.  They make you register first.  (Can't you just see yourself being added to spam lists all over the world?)  After winning the TPIR  games, and qualifying for their coupons and token gifts (e.g., a free dozen bagels, a pizza for $2, 50% off a pound of candy - stuff like that - all from local vendors, no chains), they informed me I am not eligible because I am not within the list of eligible home zip codes where the vendors are located.  Fair enough I guess, but shouldn't this have been told when I was registering?  I am, admittedly, not in Fairfield County (where they live for $2 off coupons). but I go to and through it a lot and patronize the vendors (Pearl of Budapest rules).  I called WEBE 107.9 ("Weebee 108, who, BTW have a great Saturday night disco show - mostly extended dance versions played) and they couldn't have cared less.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 07:50:28 PM by Jim »

BrandonFG

Gameshow24.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 07:50:37 PM »
[quote name=\'drmusic_99\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 05:22 PM\'] I wasn't aware the Gamesville version was no more... Lycos' licence for the game must have ended. That's too bad... I always felt it was pretty faithful to the real thing (even if the prizes were nothing like real-life prizes). [/quote]
 And for the super-nitpicky game show fans...there was no consistency to Cliff Hangers...usually the prizes escalate in value, and you can use the "25-35-45" system...I guess Lycos knew that would make the game too easy. ;-)

BTW, the Big Wheel is rigged.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

JamesVipond

Gameshow24.com
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »
I may not be able to play, either. Gameshow24.com doesn't support Netscape or Mozilla on Mac OS, and I can't afford to upgrade from OS 9.1 to OS X. I haven't tried the site with iCab or Opera. Does anyone know whether South Dakotans are eligible?
"He has big eyes ... and they're BLUE!"

-- a boy describing Bill Cullen on Child's Play