Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR announcer  (Read 2346 times)

BrandonFG

TPiR announcer
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:03:39 AM »
I'm assuming this is Roger Rose announcing today (March 5), but am I the only one who thinks he sounds like Dean Goss?
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

TPiR announcer
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:17:03 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I'm assuming this is Roger Rose announcing today (March 5), but am I the only one who thinks he sounds like Dean Goss? [/quote]
 It's Rich Fields announcing today's show.

Don Howard

TPiR announcer
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 11:55:37 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:17 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I'm assuming this is Roger Rose announcing today (March 5), but am I the only one who thinks he sounds like Dean Goss? [/quote]
It's Rich Fields announcing today's show. [/quote]
 He sounds good, too. These auditions are building up a good crop for the 21st Century announcing corps.

Terry K

TPiR announcer
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 12:53:42 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:17 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I'm assuming this is Roger Rose announcing today (March 5), but am I the only one who thinks he sounds like Dean Goss? [/quote]
 It would be nice if I actually saw that show, but thanks to a certain poltician I won't be voting for in November, who felt that his visit to Rain 4 Rent, my TPIR was zilcho yesterday.

whewfan

TPiR announcer
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 03:38:10 PM »
That's what I thought too... Rich does sound a little like Dean Goss, and his "Come On Downs, especially in the opening, sound very Johnny Olsen esque.

So, I like him better than Burton, Daniel, and Roger,  but I'm not so sure I like him better than Art or Randy.  He did do a nice job though.

I also must say that Dice Game today was probably one of the BEST wins I've ever seen.

gameshowhost1

TPiR announcer
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 01:55:13 PM »
As a broadcaster for 38years now, Rich Fields is indeed very good.  He has a lot of vitality in his "come on downs."  His products announcing is good, too, albeit a little less enthusiastic than I would like to hear, not "puking" as we say in the business, like Burton, but just bump it up a notch. As Whewfan said, I don't know if I like him better than Randy or Art, but he IS very good.  I still say Randy is da man for the job.
Ernie

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
TPiR announcer
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 02:14:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 12:53 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:17 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:03 AM\'] I'm assuming this is Roger Rose announcing today (March 5), but am I the only one who thinks he sounds like Dean Goss? [/quote]
It would be nice if I actually saw that show, but thanks to a certain poltician I won't be voting for in November, who felt that his visit to Rain 4 Rent, my TPIR was zilcho yesterday. [/quote]
 You need to gain some perspective, if you think TPiR is the most important thing to be on television.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR announcer
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 03:20:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 12:14 PM\'] [quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 12:53 PM\']
It would be nice if I actually saw that show, but thanks to a certain poltician I won't be voting for in November, who felt that his visit to Rain 4 Rent, my TPIR was zilcho yesterday. [/quote]
You need to gain some perspective, if you think TPiR is the most important thing to be on television. [/quote]
 Again, dude, I dunno who pissed in yer Cheerios, but all I saw was someone annoyed that TPiR was postponned in their area due to a campaign update, no lamentations that it was the end of the world, no threats to boycott their local CBS affiliate, no complaints about the general unfairness that is life.

I'm first in line to fry someone who truly deserves it, but you're being a little fast on the trigger.

I was mildly pissed the other day because my cable box screwed up its software update and my Tivo didn't change the channel right, so I missed TPiR. Do I need to reexamine my priorities, too?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChuckNet

TPiR announcer
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 06:35:10 PM »
You think us GS fans are bad? Check out some of these nuggets:

Edge of Night Fans/Fan Stories

ObGameShow: Original Edge theme composer/organist Paul Taubman also did the music for a number of 50s game shows, and a number of Edge cast members occasionally did celeb Dawson FF eps during the show's twilight years on ABC.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

tommycharles

TPiR announcer
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 07:08:33 PM »
You think that's bad? I know a guy who went to a Styx concert :-p

Oh, and Chris: The comment that Terry made could have meant that he wasn't voting for the guy *because* of the preemption. In that case, the getalife schtick is necessary. Otherwise, yeah, I've seen much worse.

cmjb13

TPiR announcer
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 07:29:34 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowhost1\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 01:55 PM\']As a broadcaster for 38years now, Rich Fields is indeed very good[/quote]
No doubt. I think he's the best so far.

My hunch says we've seen the best so far, but we shall see/hear how Don Bishop is.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Terry K

TPiR announcer
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »
[quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 07:08 PM\'] You think that's bad? I know a guy who went to a Styx concert :-p

Oh, and Chris: The comment that Terry made could have meant that he wasn't voting for the guy *because* of the preemption. In that case, the getalife schtick is necessary. Otherwise, yeah, I've seen much worse. [/quote]
 Oh, I already knew I wasn't voting for said politician.

I frankly was offeneded that his visit wasn't that important, and as such didn't deserve to pre-empt a network show.  (I don't appreciate TPIR's time being filled with some idiot running for political office that I have no intention of voting for and trying to sell me on his views that don't belong on daytime TV)