Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game '7x cues  (Read 10306 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2004, 04:02:18 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 09:39 PM\'] Ah, the perfect time to bring up my Match Game MP3; it sounds almost exactly like the TV version, except it's cleverly edited (even better than the real version in that regard!) from the GSN CD version, and I lowered the pitch, since the CD version's pitch is too high.

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/matchgame.mp3 [/quote]
 Casey, is there any chance you could create something like this from the Match Game '90 theme?

WhammyPower

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 04:17:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Radiofreewill\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 02:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 10:34 AM\'] The VS CD version plays a few bars of the vamp and then goes into the theme. [/quote]
4 bars of the vamp, if memory serves (and it usually does). [/quote]
That is right, but the 3rd and 4th bars are cut-off.

[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 07:17 AM\'] To be specific on the "recipe" for creating the MG7x opening music, I believe this is what they did:

•  Start with the classic "Wank" music cue (actually, the cue was created by 'looping' the wanks at the beginning of the theme heard on the CD), used during the show whan the stars are writing out their answers. 

•  Play looping WANK cue until Johnny Olsen says, "...Match Game!!!" and the sign lights up.

•  Switch to main theme, starting on the WANK of that main theme.

•  After the first 'verse', splice out the part of the theme where the the song goes into the 3 long organ notes and go right into the second 'verse' (where the horns are doing the higher notes), again starting from the WANK.

•  Put spliced theme in the oven for 13 minutes at 350 degrees, let stand for 5 minutes, and serve![/quote]

I based my rendition of the opening theme from this Match Game opener (IMDB link) and that description above
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 04:18:56 PM by WhammyPower »

Casey Buck

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2004, 07:35:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 01:02 PM\'][quote name=\'Casey Buck\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 09:39 PM\'] Ah, the perfect time to bring up my Match Game MP3; it sounds almost exactly like the TV version, except it's cleverly edited (even better than the real version in that regard!) from the GSN CD version, and I lowered the pitch, since the CD version's pitch is too high.

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/matchgame.mp3 [/quote]
Casey, is there any chance you could create something like this from the Match Game '90 theme?[/quote]
Sure; I'll give you 2 themes for the price of 1!

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/mg90edit.mp3

And for the heck of it, here's the edit of the 88 FF theme that plays after Gene Wood says "Let's start the Family Feud!"

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/ff88edit.mp3

Steve Gavazzi

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2004, 09:51:32 PM »
As usual, Casey, you are awesome. :-)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 09:51:54 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

ChuckNet

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2004, 07:28:29 PM »
Very cool!

BTW Casey, is there any chance you could try removing the banjo from the Dawson FF theme to create the mix used as a TPiR prize cue? Just a thought...

ChucK Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

FOXSportsFan

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 09:08:30 AM »
Bare with the newbie here, just wanted to ask Casey where he got the MG 90 extended remix.  I ask because it sounds an awful lot like the one I made and put up at the Game Show Theme Emporium.  I have no gripe at all for you sending it (if it is the one I made which I think it is) out to folks, just wanted to check on something.  Somewhere I also have a master quality remix.  I just gotta do some digging for it, and I altered the instrumentation a little bit for it, if memory serves.

- Jim Williams
(Also of note, if anyone remembers the extended PYL theme that clocks in at 2:55 in total length, I also edited that theme together.  It took a good 2.5-3 hours and amazingly I merely used sound recorder.)

daveromanjr

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 05:53:43 PM »
I made several mp3s of a mix of the 70's and 90's match game.  They turned out pretty good.  If you post them on my site, will anybody be interested?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 07:44:14 PM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 03:53 PM\'] I made several mp3s of a mix of the 70's and 90's match game.  They turned out pretty good.  If you post them on my site, will anybody be interested? [/quote]
 If _I_ can post them on _your_ site, you have bigger problems then getting some people to listen to your music. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey Buck

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2004, 09:12:34 PM »
[quote name=\'FOXSportsFan\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 06:08 AM\'] Bare with the newbie here, just wanted to ask Casey where he got the MG 90 extended remix.  I ask because it sounds an awful lot like the one I made and put up at the Game Show Theme Emporium.  I have no gripe at all for you sending it (if it is the one I made which I think it is) out to folks, just wanted to check on something.  Somewhere I also have a master quality remix.  I just gotta do some digging for it, and I altered the instrumentation a little bit for it, if memory serves.

- Jim Williams
(Also of note, if anyone remembers the extended PYL theme that clocks in at 2:55 in total length, I also edited that theme together.  It took a good 2.5-3 hours and amazingly I merely used sound recorder.) [/quote]
 I got the MG 90 theme from a Yahoo Group, don't remember if it was the Game Show Theme Emporium or not. I did, however, make the FF88 theme edit myself.

daveromanjr

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2004, 09:21:07 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 07:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 03:53 PM\'] I made several mp3s of a mix of the 70's and 90's match game.  They turned out pretty good.  If you post them on my site, will anybody be interested? [/quote]
If _I_ can post them on _your_ site, you have bigger problems then getting some people to listen to your music. :) [/quote]
 you have bigger problems _than_ getting some people to listen to your music.

OK you got me there hahaha... I just got home from work when I wrote that.  Ugh.

Anyways, I'll throw it up online tomorrow.

ChuckNet

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2004, 09:23:53 PM »

But won't it be a pain cleaning all that puke off the monitor and keyboard? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Gross-Out "Chuckie Baby")

Casey Buck

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2004, 09:37:15 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 06:23 PM\']

But won't it be a pain cleaning all that puke off the monitor and keyboard? :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Gross-Out "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 Yer a sicko. :)

Casey Buck

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 06:14:34 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 04:28 PM\']Very cool!

BTW Casey, is there any chance you could try removing the banjo from the Dawson FF theme to create the mix used as a TPiR prize cue? Just a thought...

ChucK Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]
Sorry for bumping this up.

I'm sorry, I wasn't able to remove the banjo (otherwise, I'd remove most of the song!), but I edited the theme so that it is the same cut as the TPiR cue.

http://home.comcast.net/~caseybuck/ff76car.mp3

ChuckNet

Match Game '7x cues
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2004, 11:38:36 AM »
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to remove the banjo (otherwise, I'd remove most of the song!), but I edited the theme so that it is the same cut as the TPiR cue.

Still cool...thanks!

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")