Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SFX imatation...  (Read 1755 times)

gamed121683

SFX imatation...
« on: March 13, 2004, 02:41:57 PM »
¡Hola group!,

I'm doing a group project for school and the group and I decided to do our project in the form of a TV game show. Well, right now we are debating on SFX and how we can use them "live". We are only going to use 2 kinds of SFX, a bell & a buzzer. The bell's very easy, one of us can bring in those bell you'd use to ring the front desk at a hotel. The buzzer, on the other hand, has not been that easy. Well, of course we can imitate by voice but...it just won't be the sameaccording to my group. One of us thought of bringing in the board game "Operation" yet that's probably a bit much. So anyone here got any ideals on how to imitate a buzzer?

-Ray

byrd62

SFX imatation...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 08:05:51 PM »
Some electric non-digital [the ones with the hands] alarm clocks have a buzzer for an alarm, particularly those which have that "classic buzzer" sound.  Just set the alarm to the right time, aim a microphone [if available] and buzz accordingly.

Brandon Brooks

SFX imatation...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 08:09:46 PM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' date=\'Mar 13 2004, 02:41 PM\'] ¡Hola group!,

I'm doing a group project for school and the group and I decided to do our project in the form of a TV game show. Well, right now we are debating on SFX and how we can use them "live". We are only going to use 2 kinds of SFX, a bell & a buzzer. The bell's very easy, one of us can bring in those bell you'd use to ring the front desk at a hotel. The buzzer, on the other hand, has not been that easy. Well, of course we can imitate by voice but...it just won't be the sameaccording to my group. One of us thought of bringing in the board game "Operation" yet that's probably a bit much. So anyone here got any ideals on how to imitate a buzzer?

-Ray [/quote]
 Get a Taboo game.  Problem solved.

Brandon Brooks

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
SFX imatation...
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2004, 09:10:44 PM »
I work in a high school TV studio where we have a quiz segment for our televised announcements show. Not to brag, but we have an actual bell and buzzer we use for right and wrong. The bell is just a simple doorbell---don't even need electricity to run it. Just have the cover off, move the hammer, let go, and DING! The buzzer is just a regular door buzzer, hooked up to a typical doorbell transformer, which in turn is hooked to a standard-issue 120VAC plug. It can also be hooked up to a 9-volt battery, but at least for me, the transformer/wall plug setup works better. Although a fire alarm horn could work, well....don't try that at school.

Of course, if that fails, you could burn some authentic sounds to CD and play them off disc.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 09:13:50 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.