Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Pop Culture Jeopardy" and "Wish List Games" coming to Amazon Prime  (Read 4833 times)

DoItRockapella

Re: "Pop Culture Jeopardy" and "Wish List Games" coming to Amazon Prime
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2024, 06:28:37 PM »
Checked OCA again - tickets for Pop Culture Jeopardy are available now.

I don't think it's been said what the format or episode order was. Not that I think this is the format, but you could do an 81-team single-knockout tournament in 40 matches, which would easily fit in that range.

I actually think that IS the format. Michael Davies said on a recent episode of the Inside Jeopardy podcast that there will be twenty-seven first round matches with three teams in each, which would mean eighty-one teams and forty episodes.

Bob Zager

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2024, 12:32:03 PM »
Here is a shot of the set:

(click just the large "spoiler" box)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jeopardy/comments/1fd07m6/pop_culture_jeopardy_set/#lightbox 

Bob Zager

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2024, 01:26:51 PM »
A hint of some possible set changes on regular J!:

https://postlmg.cc/jCD8vnTv

It's a bit difficult to tell, but I think the game board is a single, seam-free screen, and (definitely),  the single screen, between Ken and the contestants is positioned higher and appears to have a middle positioned support, not two supports holding it.  Something looks different on the contestant stands sides, too!

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2024, 07:02:13 PM »
Presumably both versions of Jeopardy! tape in the same studio, so it makes sense that major set changes would carry over.

If you compare the above pictures to the floor we currently see on air (here are two recent images), you can see that they've filled in the area between the host's position and the game board so there's no longer a sticky-outy part.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2024, 09:53:33 PM »
d so there's no longer a sticky-outy part.

Scott, please remember that a lot of us aren't in the industry.  We'd appreciate it if you wouldn't use technical terms.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Hastin

Really hope the extended area in front of the podiums means that Ken can walk up to the contestants for interviews. The COVID-era blocking of him only being able to stand in front the screen was starting to feel weird 4+ years later, especially during the "final chat".

(Personally hoping the removed "sticky-outy part" means that he can do Final J! from the game board like the Alex days.)
-Hastin :)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
(Personally hoping the removed "sticky-outy part" means that he can do Final J! from the game board like the Alex days.)

I kinda prefer Final Jeopardy from Ken's Personal Screen, otherwise, what's the point of having a Personal Screen? (I'm assuming video clues play from there as well.)

Hell, if we're gonna go big and the gameboard is seam-free, let's do FJ there, and use the WHOLE DAMN THING. "Here's the clue." BOOM.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe