Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Break the Bank 1976  (Read 158 times)

carlisle96

Break the Bank 1976
« on: Today at 01:03:07 PM »
Culling my collection, I watched part of a 1976 Break the Bank. I remember watching this show with my father back in the day. Dad watched a few minutes and blew it off as "pedestrian" stuff. That was my dad. He didn't care much for game shows. But I remember he said it would be a better game if they revealed the box after the contestant answered the question instead of before. Indeed, it may be more dramatic if you didn't know what you were going to get, especially if you were looking for the third money bag. There was no suspense if you already knew where it was because you saw it before and rejected it. Did Barry-Enright ever do any test games or pilots where the boxes were revealed later instead of sooner?

steveleb

Re: Break the Bank 1976
« Reply #1 on: Today at 01:28:34 PM »
They sort of did what your dad was seeking prior to the question.  When a potential bank break was possible Tom-and especially Jack—built the tension as much as realistically possible, and I distinctly remember a couple of occasions on Jack’s version where a few seconds went by even after he finally stopped talking to reveal what ultimately was the win

carlisle96

Re: Break the Bank 1976
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:42:04 PM »
Thanks...I didn't see this show too much in on-air run, but I don't remember seeing it played that way