Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Are They Now?  (Read 14484 times)

Jamey Greek

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2004, 04:49:11 PM »
I remember 5 years after Trump Card came off, I found Jimmy Cefalo on a Sea-doo instruction tape, my aunt and uncle gave me, and Christmas 1995, I got a Primestar (Remember them? Directv bought them out in 2000) to keep at my grandmothers because for one thing she lived in the boondocks in Southeastern Alabama, and I wanted GSN, but didn't get it until 1997.  But anyhow, I subscribed to local channels, and the ABC that I recieved was WPLG in Miami, and I saw Jimmy Cefalo on Miami news!

Dean Muccio: He was a DJ on MAGIC 107.7 IN Orlando, he's not there anymore wonder where he is now?

BrandonFG

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2004, 06:17:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 03:49 PM\'] I remember 5 years after Trump Card came off, I found Jimmy Cefalo on a Sea-doo instruction tape, my aunt and uncle gave me, and Christmas 1995, I got a Primestar (Remember them? Directv bought them out in 2000) to keep at my grandmothers because for one thing she lived in the boondocks in Southeastern Alabama, and I wanted GSN, but didn't get it until 1997.  But anyhow, I subscribed to local channels, and the ABC that I recieved was WPLG in Miami, and I saw Jimmy Cefalo on Miami news!
 [/quote]
 In 1994, Jimmy Cefalo did a game show/home shopping show whose title escapes me...I want to say "Touchdown Trivia," but I think that was a fake game show on Married...With Children lol.  All I remember was that three contestants would answer trivia questions, and throughout the show, they'd do home shopping bits on sports paraphenilia.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2004, 06:37:18 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 05:17 PM\'] In 1994, Jimmy Cefalo did a game show/home shopping show whose title escapes me...I want to say "Touchdown Trivia," but I think that was a fake game show on Married...With Children lol. [/quote]
 Sports Snapshot was the show, it aired in syndication in the 1993-94 season, usually on weekends(when it didn't face preemption for sports coverage)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Where Are They Now?
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2004, 07:39:16 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 6 2004, 03:37 PM\'] Sports Snapshot was the show, it aired in syndication in the 1993-94 season, usually on weekends(when it didn't face preemption for sports coverage) [/quote]
Where I came from, it aired as one of those filler shows AFTER sports coverage, designed to carry people through from whatever game was on to the 5:00P early news.

Same deal with Randall Cunningham's "Scramble". That piss-poor "Go For It!" show fills the same function in Seattle today.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2004, 07:39:55 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jamey Greek

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2004, 11:16:14 AM »
I remember Sports Snapshot.  It appeared after Cubs Games on WGN.  I forgot who the model's name is but It was produced and packaged by Grant Tinker's company GTG.

gsnstooge

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2004, 05:40:56 PM »
[quote name=\'GS Warehouse\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 02:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 08:49 AM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 28 2004, 12:04 PM\'] Larry Toffler: actor, screenplay writer
 [/quote]
Is this the same Larry Toffler that showed up on Russian Roulette as a fitness instructor? [/quote]
I haven't seen the episode, but I've heard that it was him.... [/quote]
He was also a contestant on Greed, wasn't he? [/quote]
Warning: Useless Trivia Alert!  Toffler was the captain of the only group in Greed history to pass on two Terminator challenges.  He and four other men went on to take home $100,000 each.

Toffler was also a contestant on Debt. [/quote]
 Why was Larry in Debt when he was on that show?

Jamey Greek

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2004, 09:18:07 AM »
Oh, and one more thing Robb Weller the host of the later seasons of WLOD, and The 1990 Split Second Pilot, and The Blackout Pilot is now doing spots for The Biography Channel now!

ClockGameJohn

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2004, 09:19:29 PM »
Not sure if I'm following the same "WATN?" links as everyone else, but 'famed' Eight is Enough/American Graffiti star and MATCH GAME panelist Susan Richardson can be seen on a weekly basis in my lovely hometown driving around with the same haircut as seen in the circa 1978 picture, and cashing her $14 royalty checks at a local market.  ;-)

Always nice to see her when I stop to pick up a pizza and then 10 minutes later see her on GSN.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 09:19:48 PM by ClockGameJohn »

dmota104

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2004, 07:37:13 AM »
A few "where are they now" items from the TNN game show "Top Card"...

\ Jim Caldwell, original TC host (who succeeded the Winker on TTD): Still in the infomercial biz; runs Future Thunder productions; www.futurethunder.com

\ Blake Pickett, original TC dealer (came over from "Fandango" when that ceased production to make way for TC): Uhhh... the less said about her nowadays, the better.  She went from dealing queens to becoming a B-movie queen.

\ Dan Miller, hosted third season of TC 'til the end: Last I saw, he was hosting rodeo coverage.

\ Paige Brown, dealer on TC from 3rd season 'til the end: Last I heard, she was working as a TV news producer in Nashville.

\ Don Dashiell (sp?), announcer for most of the show: Don't know -- anyone?

\ Brad Skaggs (sp?), announcer for part of the 3rd season: Also don't know -- but worth mentioning he was a cast member in the waning days of "Hee Haw" (back when there was an Opryland and a TNN).

Jamey Greek

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »
Kevin O' Connell: Weatherman for the NBC Affiliate in Buffalo.

brianhenke

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2004, 05:18:13 PM »
Rockapella (from WITWICS?) : Still performing (they were in the area recently), and I think there's been a member change or two since they last appeared on WITWICS?

Brian

Iowa is the North Star State?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2004, 05:19:04 PM by brianhenke »
The leaves start to change color in May?

GS Warehouse

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2004, 10:24:48 PM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'May 8 2004, 05:18 PM\'] Rockapella (from WITWICS?) : Still performing (they were in the area recently), and I think there's been a member change or two since they last appeared on WITWICS? [/quote]
 Two for sure.  Sean Altman left in 1996 to go solo (one of the things--I think the thing--that prompted the switch from WitWiCS? to WiTiCS?), and Barry Carl retired in 2002.

geno57

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2004, 12:15:29 AM »
[quote name=\'dmota104\' date=\'May 8 2004, 06:37 AM\'] \ Dan Miller, hosted third season of TC 'til the end: Last I saw, he was hosting rodeo coverage.

[/quote]
Dan's back anchoring at WSMV, Channel 4 in Nashville.

Don Howard

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2004, 01:10:34 AM »
Nick Clooney: Running for office in Kentucky.

Alan Hamel: Still married to Suzanne Somers.

dmota104

Where Are They Now?
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2004, 12:47:13 PM »
Dan's back anchoring at WSMV, Channel 4 in Nashville.

Eeek!  I was afraid someone would get confused!

The Dan Miller at WSMV News is *not* the Dan Miller who hosted TC as well as TNN's "You Can Be A Star" (country version of "Star Search", basically), "American Magazine" (daily talk show, which oddly enough, profiled TC as it was starting its second season with Jim Caldwell still at the helm) and "10 Seconds" (a NTT-esque show that replaced TC).

Strangely enough, WSMV's Dan Miller hosted "Miller and Company" for TNN -- sort of "Larry King Live" with country stars as guests.  And WSMV's Dan Miller was the announcer/sidekick on Pat Sajak's late night talker on CBS.

Bottom line: WSMV's Dan Miller and TC's Dan Miller are two completely different Dan Millers who just happened to be working in Nashville on the air at some points in time.

Make sense now?