Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Congratulations Art Sanders  (Read 3954 times)

Skynet74

Congratulations Art Sanders
« on: April 01, 2004, 01:56:33 AM »
Looks like CBS has made an official announcement as to who gets the announcing job on Price. Congratulations Art!

[LINK DELETED]

CBS and Fremantle Media would like to take this opportunity to express our thanks to all who have voted in our viewers choice poll, Who would make the best announcer for THE PRICE IS RIGHT?
 The feedback we have received has been incredible. Thousands of letters and emails have been received as well as over 10,000 votes in our online poll. We are happy to announce that producers have made a final decision on a new announcer. Starting in September 2004 the show will welcome Art Sanders as the official "Come On Down!" Voice of The Price Is Right.

[CBS COPYRIGHT AND LINK DELETED]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 02:12:39 AM by chris319 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 02:03:23 AM »
Leave it to Chartier to skip the thread about April Fool jokes.

All props for the sound effect, tho. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Casey Buck

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 02:09:55 AM »
I wonder if Randy's blood pressure rised a couple of notches when he read the subject line?

Hey, it could have been worse, John could have said that Daniel Rosen became the new announcer (if THAT happened, Randy might have keeled over and had a heart attack).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 02:13:17 AM by Casey Buck »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 02:10:08 AM »
He didn't get the memo from Behind the Scenes:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think Matt will agree that we are OK with patently absurd posts in moderate quantities on April Fool's day. Things like "CBS Cancels Price", "Barker Kicks the Bucket" or "FCC Says Jeopardy! Rigged" are too plausible and do not pass the "patently absurd" test.

Also, it's "April Fool's" day, not "Everybody's a (Wannabe) Comedian" Day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a nice stay, Mr. Stempel. You'll be back in time for May Day. And we'll leave the air conditioning on in your booth.

Geez, and I can't believe he left the CBS copyright in. Now, how to resuscitate Randy?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 02:14:49 AM by chris319 »

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2004, 05:12:33 AM »
I smell an April Fool's joke somewhere here.  Randy, say it isn't so!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2004, 06:49:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 02:12 AM\']I smell an April Fool's joke somewhere here.  Randy, say it isn't so![/quote]
(WAVING ARMS) HEY! IT WAS (AN ATTEMPT AT) AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE! And it cost the poster a couple of weeks of posting priveleges! And it was done at the expense of a highly esteemed member of the board!

(STOPS WAVING ARMS)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 07:31:57 AM by chris319 »

zachhoran

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 07:57:33 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 06:49 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 02:12 AM\']I smell an April Fool's joke somewhere here.  Randy, say it isn't so![/quote]
(WAVING ARMS) HEY! IT WAS (AN ATTEMPT AT) AN APRIL FOOL'S JOKE! And it cost the poster a couple of weeks of posting priveleges! And it was done at the expense of a highly esteemed member of the board!

(STOPS WAVING ARMS) [/quote]
Maybe Chartier didn't read the April F. Day post in Behind the Scenes because of who started it :) I think Chartier becomes the first to go to the iso-zone, no? Chris, How could you deprive us of our Chartier fix for a couple of weeks (sarcasm)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 08:10:23 AM by zachhoran »

tommycharles

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 10:39:43 AM »
Having been there myself :-p I can tell you he's at least the 3rd.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 10:58:59 AM »
If a post seems out of the ordinary, you can never go wrong running it by Matt or me first.

tvrandywest

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 11:15:33 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 11:10 PM\'] Now, how to resuscitate Randy? [/quote]
 April 1, 2004

To Whom It May Concern.

My name is Art Astor, and I'm one of 2 paramedics who responded to the 911 call here on Randy Lane in West Hills. We found this big, handsome guy on the floor talking incoherently. He's mumbling words that we can't makes sense of - sounds like: Switcheroo, Eskander, Fingers, Splendido, etc. While he seems really out of it, I could swear he's actually laughing when he says "Don Roseman" or something like that.

While helping my partner administer CPR I must have accidentally bumped into the desk and moved the PC mouse on this computer. When the screensaver with the CBS eye stopped blinking, I saw this site. If anybody can help us by getting in contact with a next of kin, please notify them that we're taking this guy to the John Olson Trauma Center - they can contact the admitting nurse, Claudia Rossi. Anyone with information about this guy's medical history should call. Strangely, it looks like he's been spayed or neutered or something.

I hope he has medical insurance because the price is....

Oh, gotta run
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 11:24:54 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 11:10 PM\'] Now, how to resuscitate Randy? [/quote]
April 1, 2004

To Whom It May Concern.

My name is Art Astor, and I'm one of 2 paramedics who responded to the 911 call here on Randy Lane in West Hills. We found this big, handsome guy on the floor talking incoherently. He's mumbling words that we can't makes sense of - sounds like: Switcheroo, Eskander, Fingers, Splendido, etc. While he seems really out of it, I could swear he's actually laughing when he says "Don Roseman" or something like that.

While helping my partner administer CPR I must have accidentally bumped into the desk and moved the PC mouse on this computer. When the screensaver with the CBS eye stopped blinking, I saw this site. [/quote]
 LOL!
That eye hasn't STOPPED blinking Randy.
I think it got STUCK in-between blinks and is
completely CLOSED!

MyCapableAssistant

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 09:15 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Mar 31 2004, 11:10 PM\'] Now, how to resuscitate Randy? [/quote]
April 1, 2004

To Whom It May Concern.

My name is Art Astor, and I'm one of 2 paramedics who responded to the 911 call here on Randy Lane in West Hills.
While helping my partner administer CPR I must have accidentally bumped into the desk and moved the PC mouse on this computer. When the screensaver with the CBS eye stopped blinking, I saw this site.
[/quote]
This gets FUNNIER every time I read it!

Imagine the people who aren't familiar with any of this.
What conclusions could one make upon hearing a man mumble
"Fingers" and "splendido," while laughing incoherently at another
man's name??

Don Roseman - HILARIOUS!

CBS eye blinking hysterically? Is that to indicate there IS *activity* behind it??
LOL

>>We found this big, handsome guy on the floor talking incoherently. He's mumbling words that we can't makes sense of - sounds like: Switcheroo, Eskander, Fingers, Splendido, etc. While he seems really out of it, I could swear he's actually laughing when he says "Don Roseman" or something like that.   <<
« Last Edit: April 01, 2004, 12:20:56 PM by MyCapableAssistant »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 12:34:10 PM »
[quote name=\'MyCapableAssistant\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 09:32 AM\'] This gets FUNNIER every time I read it!
 [/quote]
 We got the same Whopper.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 04:42:44 PM »
However, let me point out the one little error in the fake post that made it obviously a hoax:

The company that owns "TPIR" is known as FremantleMedia.  I'm sure that if that was real, the space between "Fremantle" and "Media" would not be there--and it would even more likely that it would say "FremantleMedia North America," the full official name.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 05:37:51 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 07:57 AM\'] [quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Apr 1 2004, 06:49 AM\']
Quote from: Craig (STOPS WAVING ARMS) [/QUOTE
Maybe Chartier didn't read the April F. Day post in Behind the Scenes because of who started it :) I think Chartier becomes the first to go to the iso-zone, no?
Just for mentioning the horrendous "I'm Telling" reference, you get to go "Off The Air," Zach.