Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! in DC taping report  (Read 1275 times)

weaklink75

Jeopardy! in DC taping report
« on: April 03, 2004, 10:33:08 PM »
I was able to get tickets for one of the tapings for Jeopardy in DAR Constitution Hall today. It was for the late taping, so they only taped one episode-the last episode of Power Players week (they may show these eps out of order, so this may not actually be the Friday episode). The game was Ari Fleischer vs Ashleigh Banfield vs Aaron Brown. The crowd was hot (about 2000 people, even though some sections of the hall was taped off), and also a little rowdy. When one of the local reporters here (who was very pregnant) was doing the warmup with Johnny Gilbert, she said she knew all the contestants and thus couldn't root for any of them, so she would be rooting for Duke tonight, she got soundly booed-this is Terps territory.

While they were preparing to tape, I got to also see them do one of their practice games with the celebs to help them get used to the buzzer, with one of the Clue Crew members taking the Alex role. Alex himself was in good form, despite this being the fifth show of the day (they started filming at 9AM this morning, the taping schedule was 2 and a break in the morning, 2 and a break in the afternoon, 1 that night, and then 2 tomorrow morning and 3 tomorrow afternoon), and answered some questions from the audience. He was appaluded when he commented that he wished there was a little more civility in politics. He also answered my question which might be of interest to you; I asked him when they were doing the next ToC, and he said it would air in the new season the last two weeks of September.

All in all, an enjoyable evening, and since they never collected the tickets, I have a nice souvenir of the evening. It's fun seeing how one of the classic shows work.

Craig Karlberg

Jeopardy! in DC taping report
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 05:37:03 AM »
BTW, Conneticuit beat Duke 79-78.  I'm sure those folks back in DC will be happy about that.

obGaneshows:  My guess is the other week of shows is Kids Week I think(not sure about that).