Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Gettting "buzzed out" on Wheel  (Read 1804 times)

JayC

Gettting "buzzed out" on Wheel
« on: April 04, 2004, 12:53:40 AM »
Pat mentions that taking too long to make a move on Wheel will get you "buzzed out".  When did he start saying this and has it ever happened?

That Don Guy

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2004, 01:54:06 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 12:53 AM\'] Pat mentions that taking too long to make a move on Wheel will get you "buzzed out".  When did he start saying this and has it ever happened? [/quote]
It happened a few times on the NBC Woolery version - a contestant runs up a high total, but has no clue what the puzzle is, and just can't figure out what letter to say next before the buzzer sounds.

There's a similar rule on Match Game (the 70s version), although I don't know if anyone ever took too much time.

-- Don

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2004, 03:27:34 AM »
Pat's been saying it since before I can remember. And it actually does happen--two or three times a season, I'd say. It's not like the "10 seconds" you get playing Ten Chances on TPIR; they're strict about it.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2004, 03:36:56 AM »
There's a similar rule on Match Game (the 70s version), although I don't know if anyone ever took too much time.

Heh - apparently the key is being funny. One contestant who was awfully silent in her deliberation I guess took too much time and was buzzed. Gene then revealed the celebs answers in order (no sound effects) and the next question was played.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

zachhoran

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2004, 07:40:23 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' date=\'Apr 4 2004, 02:36 AM\']

Heh - apparently the key is being funny. One contestant who was awfully silent in her deliberation I guess took too much time and was buzzed. Gene then revealed the celebs answers in order (no sound effects) and the next question was played.

-Jason [/quote]
 This happened at least once during the Super Match as well.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

I don't recall seeing that episode where the contestant took too much time, but they gave the contestants just about as much time as they needed.  I remember one episode where a contestant couldn't think of an answer, so Gene re-read the question several times, had the contestant look at the card and re-read it, sat down in front of the contestant podiums and said something like "isn't this fun!"  It must have been well over a minute before the contestant finally came up with an answer.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

vtown7

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2004, 01:58:13 PM »
On my 2nd episode during my "Wheel" run, I was playing against two people who were quite slow... Pat actually commented about it during the show.  One was buzzed in fact - but it was too early and therefore edited out in post.  You could see the colours change, though.

Cheers,

Ryan :)