Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy Question  (Read 1264 times)

cmjb13

Jeopardy Question
« on: April 10, 2004, 08:38:27 PM »
Did the Fleming Jeopardy have a brief chat with the contestants about 1/2 way through the show like Trebek's does?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

Jeopardy Question
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 10:35:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Apr 10 2004, 08:38 PM\'] Did the Fleming Jeopardy have a brief chat with the contestants about 1/2 way through the show like Trebek's does? [/quote]
Pretty much, yeah, though neither version's chat comes anywhere near the halfway point of the show.  I think there's a snippet of an early episode, though, in which Fleming chats with the players first, then plays the game.

Interestingly, there was a period during the Trebek version many years ago when they decided that the contestant interview segment would come after the Jeopardy round was completed, literally at the halfway point.  I can't remember how long that lasted, but it may have been for an entire season before they switched it back to the way it is now, and had been for the vast majority of Fleming's run.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 10:36:17 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

zachhoran

Jeopardy Question
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 10:59:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Apr 10 2004, 09:35 PM\']
Interestingly, there was a period during the Trebek version many years ago when they decided that the contestant interview segment would come after the Jeopardy round was completed, literally at the halfway point.  I can't remember how long that lasted, but it may have been for an entire season before they switched it back to the way it is now [/quote]
 The "interview after the first round" bit lasted two or three seasons I think. One episode of Seinfeld at the time actually commented on this changeover