Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hot Streak  (Read 2827 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Hot Streak
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 01:12:28 AM »
[quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 08:26 PM\'] I think most people here know that Cram is 2002 dated. Don't feed the trolls, Foster. [/quote]
To be a troll, you must purposefully be acting like an idiot.  That is not the case here.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 01:27:22 AM by Steve Gavazzi »

zachhoran

Hot Streak
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 08:10:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' date=\'Apr 13 2004, 12:12 AM\'] [quote name=\'passwordplus\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 08:26 PM\'] I think most people here know that Cram is 2002 dated. Don't feed the trolls, Foster. [/quote]
 [/quote]
 The moderators will not allow trolls to stick around here. ENough said.

Neumms

Hot Streak
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 05:02:01 PM »
[quote name=\'The Ol' Guy\' date=\'Apr 12 2004, 05:17 PM\'] I was a little older back then, but I never watched again after the first episode. Didn't care for the aspect that the third or 4th player had no idea of what key words had already used to describe the subject of the round, and they were going in blind. The odds were too much against them, and an end-to-end success would be more a matter of luck. [/quote]
 But that was the fun of the game. The first players in the chain were supposed to use more obscure clues, saving the more obvious ones for when time was short later in the round. I thought it was a terrific game, and I really liked Bruce. I found him warm and witty, and don't remember him hectoring the contestants at all.

Far better than some of the games NBC trotted out in the late 70s, early 80s.

The Ol' Guy

Hot Streak
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 06:07:32 PM »
I understood that it was a key part of the game play. Actually, you could go either way down the row - simple to clever, or vice versa. You had to hope everybody on the team knew up front which direction you wanted to play. All you needed was someone a little too clever for their own good in the first positions or someone not too clever toward the end of the row, and you would shoot yourself in the foot. Hope I didn't let on that I didn't understand that, just that it seemed to me like there would be more failures than victories in playing the game, so I moved on. In some ways, it would be more fun to do as a personal party game where people could play for laughs instead of watching money go down the drain. Wasn't the same format a long-time European success before it got here - Germany in particular? Don't go by me...I just thought it was a little too cerebral an idea. Tone down the jocularity, put in Allen Ludden as host, call it a battle of brains, and maybe......??? Everyone likes to see so-called smart people fall on their butts..not the average Joe. Just thinking out loud...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 06:12:41 PM by The Ol' Guy »