Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cellphone game show games  (Read 1402 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Cellphone game show games
« on: April 11, 2004, 08:31:22 PM »
So yesterday I got me a new cellphone, one of those newfangled Sprint PCS Vision jobs that play games and such. (It's a Sanyo 8100, if anyone is interested.)

And I see that they have game shows available. I knew that Feud, Jeopardy, and Wheel were available, but I did NOT know that Joker's Wild was out there. Of course I'm intrigued.

Has anyone played any of these, would they like to offer a quick review, and can they tell me if they think it's worth the $5 or so Sprint wants for the privlege?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 11:15:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 07:31 PM\'] So yesterday I got me a new cellphone, one of those newfangled Sprint PCS Vision jobs that play games and such. (It's a Sanyo 8100, if anyone is interested.)

And I see that they have game shows available. I knew that Feud, Jeopardy, and Wheel were available, but I did NOT know that Joker's Wild was out there. Of course I'm intrigued.

Has anyone played any of these, would they like to offer a quick review, and can they tell me if they think it's worth the $5 or so Sprint wants for the privlege? [/quote]
 Sprint PCS Feud

It's a review I wrote about a month ago. The game is actually pretty fun to play and worth the $5, but the "surveys" seem mighty suspect, in that the list of possible answers has very similar choices. There's also a TPiR CliffHangers game, but I've been having trouble getting it to play.  

I must find this TJW game you speak of. :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 11:54:17 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 07:31 PM\'] So yesterday I got me a new cellphone, one of those newfangled Sprint PCS Vision jobs that play games and such. (It's a Sanyo 8100, if anyone is interested.)

Has anyone played any of these, would they like to offer a quick review, and can they tell me if they think it's worth the $5 or so Sprint wants for the privlege? [/quote]
 You want a quick review?  Here it is:

Joker's Wild is the game where knowledge is king and lady luck is queen... and it's devilishly better than ever!

(My exact recollection of the details is rather shady since I lost my phone that had the game.  But the premise described is correct.)

Cheesiness aside, it's a pretty cool game.  The objective is to get I think 5,000 points in two rounds of five spins each.  There are I think only five categories, Pop Music, R&B/Urban Music, Sports, College Sports, and Movies.  Regular rules apply: spin the reels, pick a category, and answer the question from three provided choices.  The faster you answer, the more bonus points you accrue if you are correct.  Singles are 250, doubles are 500, and triples are 1000.  Jokers are wild and act the same as it does on the show, except if you pick it, it gives you a random question.  I don't know what three Jokers does.

Get 5k, and you get to play Beat the Devil.  You can quit at any time.  Get through ten spins and you win the game (natural triples do nothing).  Get the devil, and lose everything.  That's it.  I think it was an interesting way to kill time, and I enjoyed it.  Don't forget to download question packs if you play a lot.  3.5 out of 4 stars.

Brandon Brooks

passwordplus

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:31:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 11:54 PM\'] [quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Apr 11 2004, 07:31 PM\'] So yesterday I got me a new cellphone, one of those newfangled Sprint PCS Vision jobs that play games and such. (It's a Sanyo 8100, if anyone is interested.)

You want a quick review?  Here it is:

Joker's Wild is the game where knowledge is king and lady luck is queen... and it's devilishly better than ever!

(My exact recollection of the details is rather shady since I lost my phone that had the game.  But the premise described is correct.)

Cheesiness aside, it's a pretty cool game.  The objective is to get I think 5,000 points in two rounds of five spins each.  There are I think only five categories, Pop Music, R&B/Urban Music, Sports, College Sports, and Movies.  Regular rules apply: spin the reels, pick a category, and answer the question from three provided choices.  The faster you answer, the more bonus points you accrue if you are correct.  Singles are 250, doubles are 500, and triples are 1000.  Jokers are wild and act the same as it does on the show, except if you pick it, it gives you a random question.  I don't know what three Jokers does.

Get 5k, and you get to play Beat the Devil.  You can quit at any time.  Get through ten spins and you win the game (natural triples do nothing).  Get the devil, and lose everything.  That's it.  I think it was an interesting way to kill time, and I enjoyed it.  Don't forget to download question packs if you play a lot.  3.5 out of 4 stars.

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
Interesting, mine says no new packs available. I must have burned them all out I guess.

Feud: Yeah, the answers are very tricky, but a decent game at that. They just reset the "ratings" (1 being the best, etc.) 'cuz there were some people cheating the system. I think before they upgraded the game, you could "tilt" the game and hit the #1 answer 2 more time to make your points 6 times the value(double the double etc.) I think either Fremangle or Mobliss found this flaw and probably got quite a few emails about it, thus the ratings reset happening also.

Wheel: Had it awhile and burned out on it, but at least there are new packs for it

Jeopardy: Just got it and not too impressed. Very small board of clues, not what you would get in the CD or online version for sure. It's ok IMHO.

Has anyone downloaded the Pyramid one? I am thinking they will probably pull it off there once the show goess off the air, but hopefully I'm wrong on that account.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 12:37:15 AM by passwordplus »